Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DSLR vs. iPhone

Lets all sing along together. Spam Spam Spam
    Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

Comment

Originally posted by Garry View Post
      Why is it that the link you have supplied here is for a business that does exactly the same as the link in your contact details ?
      Are you here to promote your business ?
      No, Garry. I am not

Comment

It's been a while since I added anything to this post. Here are three iPhone shots I took yesterday at Cheekwood Gardens in Nashville, Tennessee

If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.
        GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

I just returned from two weeks in France (Paris, Loire Valley, and Bordeaux). Unfortunately on the second day of our trip, a pickpocket in the Paris Metro got my new iPhone X. I did have a backup iPhone 5 and of course my Canon Digital Rebel for the balance of the trip but I was sick about losing the phone/camera. Here are two shots I took with it from the top of Notre Dame. In both, I did a little bump with Snapseed's HDR Scape function.

and this shot with the iPhone 5

GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

The first one is incredibly sharp Pat. So sorry to hear of the theft.

My 20 year old grandson was in Marseilles about 3 weeks ago with his iphone and camera in his backpack. Theives cut the straps on his backpack and took the lot.
            Audrey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn36/

Comment

Anne was taking a snap on her phone yesterday of our granddaughter, who immediately grabbed her toy phone and took her babies - not bad thoughts for a two year old.

Last edited by Barr1e; 14-08-18, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Priceless!
                GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

Due to the bridge over the stream on the way out of the village being damaged, we're all having to do a minimum 4 mile detour for the foreseeable future. Either way is single track at time, but I've been going this way because it's prettier!

Taken on the drive home a couple of nights ago on my phone (LG Nexus 5X - a Google phone) and edited in Snapseed because it came out quite flat and it wasn't!

Storm light by Carol, on Flickr
                  http://carolannphotos.com

Comment

Originally posted by Barr1e View Post
                    Anne was taking a snap on her phone yesterday of our granddaughter, who immediately grabbed her toy phone and took her babies - not bad thoughts for a two year old.

Excellent - tog in training ... ... but I love those chairs. We (I) have three in the conservatory and they just fit my back a treat. They are so supportive and comfortable for me.
                    Audrey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn36/

Comment

I like the way you go home - very pretty.

Originally posted by Caz View Post
                      Due to the bridge over the stream on the way out of the village being damaged, we're all having to do a minimum 4 mile detour for the foreseeable future. Either way is single track at time, but I've been going this way because it's prettier!

Taken on the drive home a couple of nights ago on my phone (LG Nexus 5X - a Google phone) and edited in Snapseed because it came out quite flat and it wasn't!

Storm light by Carol, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Barr1e View Post
                        I like the way you go home - very pretty.

Unfortunately it's a matter of having to at the moment - you may have seen news about Northamptonshire County Council being in financial difficulties, and that extends to road and bridge repairs. There are 3 bridges out of action in a 10 mile radius and the potholes are incredible. That being said, it is a very interesting road but as it's single track you have to pick your spots to get the camera out very carefully.

Our bridge (taken out by a drunk driver who demolished BOTH parapets) is supposed to be repaired by November, but we're not hopeful. Since it was the main gritting route in and out of the village, this could get interesting.
                        http://carolannphotos.com

Comment

Haven't done much phone photography.

Photographed the Warrior on numerous occasions. But this was taken with an old Samsung J3

Last edited by Garry; 21-08-18, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Thanks for posting this, I love tall ships - wished we saw more of them.

Comment

Looking back at the beginning of this thread, a lot of shots are missing. Apparently I linked to a third party photo hosting service that no longer displays the pictures. Oh well.

I've mentioned before that I like Google's Snapseed app for post processing iPhone photos. I'm now using an iPhone X and I really like it. I put together a short video tutorial on how to use Snapseed.

Apparently the Forum software no longer supports videos. I looked at earlier ones I posted and they're now gone. The only thing I can suggest is to search YouTube for Pat and Penny's Travel Channel and you should find a Snapseed Tutorial or copy and paste the URL below without the quotation marks.

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHcWS2jKqf4"
                              GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

A brilliant and very informative tutorial, Pat

Never heard of Snapseed. But will be downloading the app now.

Originally posted by patmoore View Post
                                Looking back at the beginning of this thread, a lot of shots are missing. Apparently I linked to a third party photo hosting service that no longer displays the pictures. Oh well.

I've mentioned before that I like Google's Snapseed app for post processing iPhone photos. I'm now using an iPhone X and I really like it. I put together a short video tutorial on how to use Snapseed.

Apparently the Forum software no longer supports videos. I looked at earlier ones I posted and they're now gone. The only thing I can suggest is to search YouTube for Pat and Penny's Travel Channel and you should find a Snapseed Tutorial or copy and paste the URL below without the quotation marks.

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHcWS2jKqf4"

Comment

Working...
                                X