Wisteria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisteria

Nipped out into the garden early this morning to take this one.

E-PL5, m40-150mm,LR5

Regards Paul.
    One day I hope to be the person my dogs think I am.

My Flickr Photos

Re: Wisteria

Pretty colour combination. Must look super in the garden.
    -------------------------

Comment

Paul that is beautiful. I popped out to Greys Court, Henley after the Red Kites breakfast to capture some Wisteria and Laburnum finery

Comment

Beautiful shot. I love to see Wisteria in full bloom!

We got rid of our Wisteria 3-4 years ago. I miss having it, miss enjoying the blooms but it had gone crazy and was all along one side of the house as well as crossing over to cover the fence opposite. It was hard work digging out the root stumps - David did all the hard work.

Pol

Comment

I've always wanted a Wisteria plant in the garden - now even more so! But it does get a bit rampant, doesn't it? Not sure we have a place for it really.

Ian
          Founder/editor
          Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
          Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
          Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
          Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
            I've always wanted a Wisteria plant in the garden - now even more so! But it does get a bit rampant, doesn't it? Not sure we have a place for it really.

Ian
            Ours certainly got rampant but it took a few years before it took off faster than David could control it. We had two, one on the wall of the house that was trained on a trellis attached to the house (very strong fencing trellis that had been purpose built) and another one that had been planted in the centre of strong fencing trellis that stretch from the house to fence. The cross-trellis was also supporting a side gate. All the fences, trellis and gates were purpose built by a local fencing firm so they were very strong - not the sort of lightweight stuff you get in garden centres.

The Wisteria on the house never flowered but the one on the cross-trellis was always a mass of blooms - gorgeous plant! It became a problem when it decided to send suckers to the neighbour's fence, garden, trellis, pergola and house walls. They liked it well enough but never trained it so it ended up going beserk and sending more suckers back to our side.

All of the above took about 25years to run amok though.

We also had a Grape vine on the other side of the house + Ivy all up the front. Those were the days when we were young, fit, agile and a bit daft.

Pol

Comment

Working...
            X