You Should Be Dancing, Yeah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Should Be Dancing, Yeah

Last Weekend it was the annual Morris Ring meeting in Thaxted, just up the road from where I live and therefore a photo opportunity too good to miss. Here are a few shots from the Saturday.

John Perriment

A photograph is more than a record of what you see - it's a window to your soul

Re: You Should Be Dancing, Yeah

Fabulous, I do like to see cheerful, summery 'cloggies' - they brighten up the place no end. The weather was kind enough for them too!

Lovely shots, all of them!

Pol

Comment

Portraits of some of the colourful characters from the Morris Dancing community can be found in this thread on E-System User Group. http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthre...041#post232041
      John Perriment

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
        Fabulous, I do like to see cheerful, summery 'cloggies' - they brighten up the place no end. The weather was kind enough for them too!

Lovely shots, all of them!

Pol
        Thanks Pol, they certainly brightened up the town and the weather was perfect.
        John Perriment

Comment

Lovely series of shots - our two local troupes had their annual bunfight one evening a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't share because the weather (and light) was appalling. I even got shots of them dancing in the Snug!
          http://carolannphotos.com

Comment

Really great shots which capture an old and popular tradition.

Guess I might be pushing fate by wondering how long it will be before some faceless bureaucrat decides that the sticks are dangerous and should be banned.
            -------------------------

Comment

Working...
            X