New Toy To Play With.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Toy To Play With.

My Pentax K30 just arrived a couple of hours ago, lousy very dull light so just a quick ten minutes in the garden to test it out and a couple indoors, I mean you have to don't you.

All taken with the kit lenses and handheld.

My initial thoughts are that it is a big improvement on the K-r and handles very well and all in all it is a traditional photographers camera. My biggest disapoint is that CaptureOne does not yet support the raw files.

My better half who was not to pleased I had taken it.

ISO 12800 f/8 @ 1/60sec 200mm

Gabe ISO 12800 f/8 @ 1/60sec 55mm

ISO 800, f/5.6 @ 1/200sec, 125mm

ISO 800, f/8 @ 1/100sec, 55mm

ISO 3200, f/701 @ 1/250sec, 200mm
    Regards Paul.
    One day I hope to be the person my dogs think I am.

My Flickr Photos

Re: New Toy To Play With.

Very impressive, Paul, especially the first two at ISO 12800. No prizes for guessing what you will be doing this weekend.
    John Perriment

A photograph is more than a record of what you see - it's a window to your soul

Comment

Christmas came early to your house, eh.

Great stuff.

Pol

Comment

What the heck are you doing with a fuschia out at this time of the year..... and its a beauty
        -------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by John Perriment View Post
          Very impressive, Paul, especially the first two at ISO 12800. No prizes for guessing what you will be doing this weekend.
          Thank you John and you got it in one, lookls like I will be leaning the Pen E-PL3 at home for a while.

Originally posted by Pol View Post
          Christmas came early to your house, eh.

Great stuff.

Pol
          Guess so, no one lese was taking the hints.

Originally posted by Pops View Post
          What the heck are you doing with a fuschia out at this time of the year..... and its a beauty
          I wonder that my self Pops autumn leaves and bare branches all around the garden but a solitary fushia a rose and a chinese lantern plant are still going like billyho.

PS Did I say I love the TAv mode on it, it's the first camera I have had that has it.
          Regards Paul.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by OlyPaul View Post

PS Did I say I love the TAv mode on it, it's the first camera I have had that has it.

TAv mode looks really useful. You can do similar with Olympus cameras by using manual mode and setting auto ISO, but where TAv mode really scores is that you can use exposure compensation, whereas with Olympus you can't.
            John Perriment

A photograph is more than a record of what you see - it's a window to your soul

Comment

I, too, was surprised to know that the first two were taken ISO12800. I "scrutinized" them at zenfolio but looked like they were taken at ISO800 or so. Maybe I am continuously prejudiced against high ISO.

Incidentally have you already set up the correct time by now?

Congratulations for the new toy. You really have various genres of photos. Looking forward to seeing more from your new toy.

yoshi

Comment

Thank you yoshi and yes the time and date is now correct.
                Regards Paul.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                X