Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your London 2012 Olympics shots here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post your London 2012 Olympics shots here!

Cheers Ian, I'll be at the Paralympics too in the Stadium again. I actually bought tickets to the Paralympics first thinking there was no possibility of getting into the Olympics. However dedicating my life for a week to the ticket search paid off!

Only downside with the FZ150 was the slow response so I anticipated shots a lot, e.g. in the high jump where I'd click the shutter before the moment I actually wanted. I would have achieved more detail and depth to the shots with the 7D but really I was just after record shots of being there.

On the "second visit" shots a 400mm F2.8 would have seperated the pole vaulters from the crowd in the background much better but i don't have that kind of money so had to settle for F5.6 on the 100-400.

Anyway I'm going to another Athletics event on Sunday which will feature a few of team GB, e.g. Mo Farah, Holly Bleasedale and Adam Gemili being named so far.

If I get any decent shots I'll post a thread here. I'm hoping to be well placed for more pole vault shots!

Malc

Comment

Re: Post your London 2012 Olympics shots here!

Originally posted by malc350 View Post
      Cheers Ian, I'll be at the Paralympics too in the Stadium again. I actually bought tickets to the Paralympics first thinking there was no possibility of getting into the Olympics. However dedicating my life for a week to the ticket search paid off!

Only downside with the FZ150 was the slow response so I anticipated shots a lot, e.g. in the high jump where I'd click the shutter before the moment I actually wanted. I would have achieved more detail and depth to the shots with the 7D but really I was just after record shots of being there.

On the "second visit" shots a 400mm F2.8 would have seperated the pole vaulters from the crowd in the background much better but i don't have that kind of money so had to settle for F5.6 on the 100-400.

Anyway I'm going to another Athletics event on Sunday which will feature a few of team GB, e.g. Mo Farah, Holly Bleasedale and Adam Gemili being named so far.

If I get any decent shots I'll post a thread here. I'm hoping to be well placed for more pole vault shots!

Malc
      Thanks Malc, I'll keep an eye out for your Paralympics shots - we will be there on 1st September in the morning session but I can see that we will be wandering around the park for a good while after that.

I think I will bring the Olympus OM-D E-M5 with 75-300 lens (150-600) - sounds enormous but it's impressively small, but I will also bring a couple of wider lenses too.

Ian
      Founder/editor
      Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
      Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
      Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Working...
      X