Analysis of a Landscape Shoot - Part One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analysis of a Landscape Shoot - Part One

To be continued - I've had to split this post as it's too long! See this thread: http://dpnow.com/forum2/showthread.p...5278#post65278

Comments welcomed and appreciated.
    John Perriment

A photograph is more than a record of what you see - it's a window to your soul

Re: Analysis of a Landscape Shoot - Part One

Some really interesting critique you have given yourself here some of which I would never have noticed.
    I do disagree about the winch shot. IMO the winch overpowers the image and would much prefer to see the winch closer and full framed which would have emphasised the colours and textures of the metal.
    -------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pops View Post
      Some really interesting critique you have given yourself here some of which I would never have noticed.
      I do disagree about the winch shot. IMO the winch overpowers the image and would much prefer to see the winch closer and full framed which would have emphasised the colours and textures of the metal.
      Thanks for your comments, Pops. Interesting what you say about the winch overpowering the boat shed shot, I must have had nagging doubts to have wished I'd taken a shot excluding it. I was so intent at getting some sort of composition for the shed that I completely overlooked the possibilities of the winch in its own right. Sometimes it's really useful to have the benefit of seeing through someone else's eyes. Thank you.
      John Perriment

Comment

I really enjoyed reading this, John - am looking forward to part 2

I do think however, this would have been better suited for a blog post.

Ian
        Founder/editor
        Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
        Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
        Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
        Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Part Two already published! I was going to post it all as one thread but when I pressed "Submit" it was too long and I had to split it.

Didn't think of a blog post, I'm not too good at keeping them up to date, not even my own at Zenfolio. Originally I was going to post this on E-System User Group but thought I would post it here for a change.
          John Perriment

Comment

Working...
          X