DP Salon Competition #64 - Historic Architecture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DP Salon Competition #64 - Historic Architecture

Um - weird question... do ships count as 'architecture'? No? Probably not. Never mind. I'll go away and leave you all in peace now...

Comment

Originally posted by PJPhoto View Post
      La Chapelle royale in Château de Versailles, Paris, France.

Thanks so much!
      Philip
      agree with the others Philip, stunning image!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ryme-intrinseca View Post
        Um - weird question... do ships count as 'architecture'? No? Probably not. Never mind. I'll go away and leave you all in peace now...

haha, very good...... Peronally I would say it does, I am thinking more of the large old wooden jobs, but here is one defination (courtesy of Dictionary.com)

the profession of designing buildings, open areas, communities, and other artificial constructions and environments, usually with some regard to aesthetic effect. Architecture often includes design or selection of furnishings and decorations, supervision of construction work, and the examination, restoration, or remodeling of existing buildings.

So, I guess it is over to the person running the salon to make the decision
        sigpic

Comment

People who design ships are known as naval architects and [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_architecture[/ame] is an accepted discipline so I reckon its in.
          My flickr

Comment

Here is my contribution - The Treasury at Petra, Jordan
            Audrey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn36/

Comment

very beautifull image! Nice point of vieww!! Did you make any geometrical-distorsioncorrection Horacio

Comment

Really beautiful. Well done!

Comment

The amphitheatre in Lucca, North Tuscany

Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

Originally posted by Horacio View Post
                    very beautifull image! Nice point of vieww!! Did you make any geometrical-distorsioncorrection Horacio
                    As yours and Phil's comments follow my entry, I am assuming that you are talking about The Treasury.

It was a very memorable day - about a one and a half mile walk on a stoney path to the Treasury, but en route, there were many magnificent sites.

On arriving at the Treasury, there were people and camels everywhere and then we moved on to the Amphitheatre, the crowd moved further on, but we had had enough walking and so on our return we past the Treasury again and it was this time I was able to get a better shot without the crowd in front of it. I also had time to put on my wide angle converter for my Canon G3, as I couldn't get the whole building in without it.

I did straighten the verticals Horatio and cropped a bit of rock from the right hand side. As I am not used to using the WA lens, I am not sure whether or not this barrelled the corners and horizontal lines at the base, or whether they were like that. I am sure you or Phil will know.

Glad you like it.
                    Audrey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn36/

Comment

Originally posted by veggiesosage View Post
                      People who design ships are known as naval architects and naval architecture is an accepted discipline so I reckon its in.

Brill, thank you. In that case, here's my entry:

This is the wreck of the 1920s Danish schooner, the Hans Egede. The photo was taken last week.

Th wreck is quite large - about 40ft long, I'd estimate. It's been laying in the mud near Cliffe in Kent, since the 1950s, when it grounded. What fascinates me is that although it's easily accessible, it doesn't look to have been touched by humans for the past 50 or 60 years.

I first saw the vessel on Google Earth (see this page ), and I was determined to visit it! The area is fascinating, there are abandoned forts and other military relics nearby too.

Comment

Originally posted by Autumn View Post
                        Here is my contribution - The Treasury at Petra, Jordan
                        Wow, stunning!

Comment

A thatched cottage, Devon.

Pol

Comment

Here's my entry!
                            Jocelyn

Comment

One of the oldest example of architecture, remaining in marvelous conditions, the egyptian piramids.
                              What I like most of this picture is that no people was around at the moment of the click Only a few birds on the left This way it looks more anthique.

Comment

Here's mine,

Fishing at Normanton Church, Rutland Water,

Regards,

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X