Salon 225: Something to eat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salon 225: Something to eat

I love my food so come on show me some mouth-watering images.

Ok my sample image is of glass, but it still looks good enough to eat.

1. All photographs are to be uploaded to the photo gallery at http://dpnow.com/galleries/

They can be put in members own gallery if they wish. The resulting link generated for the photo will then be pasted into the next available space in the salon thread. Please keep photos to a maximum of 1000 pixels wide so people can see the whole image without scrolling.

2. As agreed previously, TWO entries maximum per user ID only please, which must be the personal work of the entrant.

3. Entries should be ‘in line’ within the thread (not as a link to an image held somewhere else).

4. Comments on entries are welcome within the salon thread itself.

5. After the close, the curator will indicate a winner and a couple of runners up.

6. The curator’s decision is final.

7. The winner will be invited to choose the next theme and curate the next salon.

8. If the winner is unable to curate the next salon the current curator may offer that ‘honour’ to any willing volunteer, possibly the entrant in second or third place.

9. These rules are to be copied and pasted with the new theme by the curator at the top of the new salon thread with a finish date and time.

10. As with all photos posted on DPNow, copyright remains with the photographer and DPNow will not use them without permission.

Finish date - Midnight GMT 28/05/2017
    Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

Re: Salon 225: Something to eat

I don't appear to have many food images. So, must try harder. Here's a few plums to be going on with, Mmm they are nice . . . Oh, well three plums - that image was no good . . . Oh, dear. Two plums and some plum stones?

Comment

Here's a treat . . . if you can find your way to the post . . .

Comment

Oh dear I have got my dates wrong. Closing date for this comp should be 4th June. Please disregard the previous posted date and carry on till the midnight 4th June. Thanks. I would edit the post if I knew how to. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Gastro pub food

http://carolannphotos.com

Comment

Garlic

Comment

Once again the Salon looks like it has died. One more day to enter.

Comment

With only two members to choose from I have to select Garlic by
                Caz. Very poorly supported so time to close the Salon down perhaps? The theme was not that hard. Cornfields, fruit trees, shop displays, burger bars, there were no end of things to fit this Salon.

Comment

I had a thought that might bring out some more entries. Invite participants to display their favorite two all time photos regardless of subject. I'd love to see the "Best of the Best"
                  If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.
                  GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

Ron - thank you for choosing my garlic shot, and such a shame that more people didn't enter. That was actually taken using my phone, then edited in Lightroom or Snapseed, I can't remember.

Give me a day or two to think about the next Salon - currently neck deep in editing images from a music festival for a local charity I shot at the weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by patmoore View Post
                      I had a thought that might bring out some more entries. Invite participants to display their favorite two all time photos regardless of subject. I'd love to see the "Best of the Best"
                      I run a small photography forum and recently invited members to submit one image per day. No theme any subject old or new. In the three months it has been running I've had 381 images submitted and these have had 5,839 views. Considering the very small number of members I have it has proved a very successful thread. This forum dose need a good thread to attract some activity which has the spinoff of getting more members entering the competitions. Where are the mods on this forum. None of the Salons get a sticky any more and there seems very little being done to help generate interest in the forum. Rant over. Sorry if I have upset anyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X