Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Challenge No 169 - Tools

Originally posted by Pol View Post
    You seem to be as bad as David for collecting forks, spades, trowels etc. He has so many I lost count and some of them date back 30+ years AND he collected even more when his father died and his mother thought "we might be able to use them" rather than sling them out!

I try to avoid even looking in the garden shed - it's bad for my temper in there!

Pol
    Not my collection, I am afraid, all my forks reside in the knife-box drawer, not far from the corkscrew!

Kurt

Comment

Harder than I thought to come up with something.

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

All the best

Andy

E1,E5,E420,E-M5,OM1(N),14-54,12-60SWD,7-14mm,50-200,50mm F2.0 macro,25mm pancake,EC14,Sigma 50-500 HSM,m4/3 14-150,Om50mm(F1.,OM28mm(f2.,FL36,HLD4,HLD2,Epson P3000,crap tripod,Manfrotto 680B monopod,various filters/CF cards.

My Flickr

Comment

And a second.

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

All the best

Andy

E1,E5,E420,E-M5,OM1(N),14-54,12-60SWD,7-14mm,50-200,50mm F2.0 macro,25mm pancake,EC14,Sigma 50-500 HSM,m4/3 14-150,Om50mm(F1.,OM28mm(f2.,FL36,HLD4,HLD2,Epson P3000,crap tripod,Manfrotto 680B monopod,various filters/CF cards.

My Flickr

Comment

Rats! I thought of one I'd like to submit but I've hit my two-image max. I tried to replace one of the images I already submitted but I guess there's a time limit on edits. Oh well.....

Some very nice entries.
          If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.
          GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

Originally posted by patmoore View Post
            Rats! I thought of one I'd like to submit but I've hit my two-image max. I tried to replace one of the images I already submitted but I guess there's a time limit on edits. Oh well.....

Some very nice entries.
            No problem, Pat, just tell me which one you'd like me to disregard when you post another.
            John Perriment

A photograph is more than a record of what you see - it's a window to your soul

Comment

Thanks John. Please ignore the second image I posted earlier and replace it with this one. These are knives I spotted in a shop window along Canal Street in Ketchikan, Alakska in July.

If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.
              GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

My first: our local "living historian"

http://carolannphotos.com

Comment

And my second - I shoot a LOT of music (mostly rock) so this is one of Alice Cooper's band, Ryan Roxie

Comment

My effort,

Comment

Dave
                      http://www.devilgas.com

Comment

I can see that it's going to be a hard choice! Still time to enter if you haven't already done so.
                        John Perriment

Comment

I've had to give this a lot of thought as there are so many entries I really like, but at last I've made a decision.

3rd I'm glad that patmore didn't discard his first original enrty because I think the retired glass blowing tools make a terrific subject. Pat has composed them almost as an abstract, with wonderful patterns and textures.

2nd devilgas, with his striking, colourful and technically superb shot of the welder.

1st The winner is Rodbender, with a super close-up of a needle and thread. The needle is pin sharp (cliché intended!) against a nicely defocussed background which still keeps the main subject in context. An excellent composition and wonderful interpretation of "tools."

Lastly, a big thank you to all who entered.
                          John Perriment

Comment

Well done, Ron. I also loved your picci, it's a belter. The colours are so vibrant and cheerful and the detail is superb.

Note that I used your Sunday name (Ron) being as it's Sunday today.

Pol

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                              Well done, Ron. I also loved your picci, it's a belter. The colours are so vibrant and cheerful and the detail is superb.

Note that I used your Sunday name (Ron) being as it's Sunday today.

Pol
                              Well I'm totally Gob-smacked. Never expected to win when there were some absolute cracking images entered. Thank You for selecting my image John, and for running a very successful salon. I'll try to make the next one just as good. Pol You can call me anything you like any day of the week, but Don't call me late for dinner. Next salon coming up ASAP.
                              Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

Comment

Well deserved win for Ron, and congratulations to the runners up too

Comment

Working...
                                X