Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adobe CS4 discovery BLOG

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Adobe CS4 discovery BLOG

    Originally posted by Ian View Post
    Do you mean RAW or JPEGs? I can certainly open multiple selected JPEG file from Bridge into PS CS4 Just done it.

    Ian
    It can also be done with the RAW files. Same method of using Ctrl+Alt then a double click will open the selected files in ACR with the usual column of thumbnails on the left.

    Pol

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Adobe CS4 discovery BLOG

      Originally posted by Pol View Post
      It can also be done with the RAW files. Same method of using Ctrl+Alt then a double click will open the selected files in ACR with the usual column of thumbnails on the left.

      Pol
      Even easier is CTRL R or Command R on the Mac, which will open ACR as you say with all selected files down the left
      Stephen

      sigpic

      Check out my BLOG too


      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Adobe CS4 discovery BLOG

        Originally posted by Ian View Post
        Do you mean RAW or JPEGs? I can certainly open multiple selected JPEG file from Bridge into PS CS4 Just done it.

        Ian
        Hi Ian

        Raw never use JPG's

        Patrick

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Adobe CS4 discovery BLOG

          Originally posted by Stephen View Post
          Even easier is CTRL R or Command R on the Mac, which will open ACR as you say with all selected files down the left
          OK Pol & Stephen will give these methods a try.

          I have un-installed from the Laptop and am returning it to CS3, but will keep it on the PC for now, that appears to have the graphic excelorator that which helps it run smoother. The Laptop is just too jerky.

          Patrick

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Adobe CS4 discovery BLOG

            Originally posted by Pol View Post
            I agree wholeheartedly that CS4 isn't anywhere near as intuitive as CS3. No doubt about that!

            I've had no problems opening several files at once using the usual method, by holding down ctrl+ shift, as I selected the images I wanted to open.

            The tabs of the files are automatically placed in a line along the top of PS4, which is an arrangement I don't especially like. So I go to the 'arrange documents icon (top toolbar of PS) and usually select another arrangent (my preference is often for 'floating windows' - to get the normal view of images piled one on top of the other.

            You can also simply drag the file tab from the line along the top then it into the main body of the PS interface. That turns it into a floating window

            It took me a day or two to suss those things - another annoyance I finally sussed it.

            Hope that helps.

            Pol
            OK it worked loaded 6 RAW images in 35 seconds (Can't complain about the speed) in Photoshop CS4.
            I have also some how, not sure how, got rid of the presets and got conventional layers


            Perhaps as I find my way about I will warm to it, mustn't get paranoid.

            Patrick

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Adobe CS4 discovery BLOG

              Originally posted by Patrick View Post
              OK it worked loaded 6 RAW images in 35 seconds (Can't complain about the speed) in Photoshop CS4.
              I have also some how, not sure how, got rid of the presets and got conventional layers

              Perhaps as I find my way about I will warm to it, mustn't get paranoid.

              Patrick
              Glad to hear you're gradually getting sorted. I'm hoping I'm gonna get around to liking it better too.

              I've just spent the past couple of hours doing a B/W conversion with Image/Adjustment/BW rather than my usual CS3 method of conventional layers of levels and channel mixer etc. Then I added other layers by various methods and ended up with a picci that pleased me so I've just sent it off to Photobox for a 10x8 for my son.

              It was a crop from a RAW snap of him that I'd played with as I was trying out the post crop vignette in ACR etc. So I've had a more successful evening, even though I can't quite remember all the details of the steps I took on the way.

              Stephen - thanks for that Ctrl+R shortcut. I didn't know that one and you're right - it's a good one. Much easier and faster!

              Pol

              Comment

              Working...
              X