Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CS4 screen re-draw issues

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CS4 screen re-draw issues

    I'm having problems with screen redrawing after I've applied a filter or used, for example, the shadow / highlights option. I have to zoom in (or out) of the image to make it apply (or probably just display) the changes to the image. This is obviously quite a drawback!

    I have the GPU activated and turned that off but it didn't make any difference.

    Apart from that I haven't played with it (demo version) much - yet. Looks similar enough to CS3 to be instantly comfortable but at the same time a few nice tweaks. Displaying the image without jagglies at all magnifications is great as is the zoom in and out function. Like the tabbed images too. May have difficulty in talking work into buying it for me in the current climate though...."off course I need the upgrade! how else am I going to re-size images for our intranet...?". Bit tenuous ?

    Bridge also seems to have go-faster stripes now, which is nice.
    Stuart R
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/fred-canon/

    Life is an incurable disease with a 100% mortality rate

  • #2
    Re: CS4 screen re-draw issues

    Originally posted by StuartR View Post
    I'm having problems with screen redrawing after I've applied a filter or used, for example, the shadow / highlights option. I have to zoom in (or out) of the image to make it apply (or probably just display) the changes to the image. This is obviously quite a drawback!

    I have the GPU activated and turned that off but it didn't make any difference.

    Apart from that I haven't played with it (demo version) much - yet. Looks similar enough to CS3 to be instantly comfortable but at the same time a few nice tweaks. Displaying the image without jagglies at all magnifications is great as is the zoom in and out function. Like the tabbed images too. May have difficulty in talking work into buying it for me in the current climate though...."off course I need the upgrade! how else am I going to re-size images for our intranet...?". Bit tenuous ?

    Bridge also seems to have go-faster stripes now, which is nice.
    Hi Stuart, are you running the Mac or Windows version and which graphics acclerator hardware does your computer depend on?

    Ian
    Founder/editor
    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: CS4 screen re-draw issues

      Hi Ian

      Windows and my graphics card is a Nvidia 8600 GT. Not exactly a top-end card but OK-ish for most things. Works fine with every other app that uses the GPU.
      Stuart R
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/fred-canon/

      Life is an incurable disease with a 100% mortality rate

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: CS4 screen re-draw issues

        Originally posted by StuartR View Post
        Hi Ian

        Windows and my graphics card is a Nvidia 8600 GT. Not exactly a top-end card but OK-ish for most things. Works fine with every other app that uses the GPU.
        Might be worth checking that you have the latest drivers from nVidia.

        http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=kb405711

        Ian
        Founder/editor
        Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
        Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
        Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
        Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: CS4 screen re-draw issues

          Originally posted by Ian View Post
          Might be worth checking that you have the latest drivers from nVidia.

          http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=kb405711

          Ian
          Indeed, I have read much about people having problems using ACR in Lightroom2 with some nVidia cards. The problem was solved with a new driver.
          Stephen

          sigpic

          Check out my BLOG too


          Comment


          • #6
            Re: CS4 screen re-draw issues

            I did that yesterday evening after reading through the support documents on the Adobe site. No improvement unfortunately and it seems to be a problem even with the option un-ticked.

            There were some other instructions on the Adobe site for non-compliant cards that I bookmarked and I'll have a look at them tonight when, hopefully, I'll have a bit more time.

            As regulars on the forum might recall from recent posts, I'm having issues with colour management as well which may lead me, rightly or wrongly, to change my video card anyway.
            Stuart R
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/fred-canon/

            Life is an incurable disease with a 100% mortality rate

            Comment

            Working...
            X