Now you see it and now you don't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now you see it and now you don't

I thought I'd share some more photography magic, this time courtesy of Photoshop's Content Aware Fill feature:

and after:

And another one:

and after:

This second one is half-baked as the cables are still there and for some reason the tone has changed but you can see what I'm getting at.

All I did was draw a selection box around the area (on both cases posts) I wanted get rid of and then pressed delete with the fill option set to Content Aware. The results aren't perfect but this is a very smart time-saving solution and tidying up is fairly straightforward if required.

Ian
    Founder/editor
    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
    sigpic

Re: Now you see it and now you don't

Very impressive! I'm still using a very old version of Elements (4.0). Does the current Elements have that feature? I can't justify the full version.

I own the latest Dreamweaver and might qualify for a discount on a package of Photoshop & Premier Elements.
    If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.
    GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

Some content aware fill (CAF) functions were first introduced in Elements 9. The power is there but the means to access it are limited in Elements. You can't make manual selections and delete and fill using CAF like you can in CS5 (which is what I used here), instead you can use the power of CAF using the smart healing brush and a few other functions. It pops up at the end of a merge to panorama process to fill in spaces around the finished areas, for example.

Ian
      Founder/editor
      sigpic

Comment

Very impressive indeed.
        Can't help but think that for the first shot the taker was well aware of how that post was situated
        -------------------------

Comment

Pretty impressive. I may have to borrow my girlfriends laptop with cs5 on it from time to time.

Comment

Fantastic feature, isn't it....... it never ceases to boggle me when it gets it right!
            http://carolannphotos.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pops View Post
              Very impressive indeed.
              Can't help but think that for the first shot the taker was well aware of how that post was situated
              Problem was, a) it was my daughter and b) I think there wasn't much of an option if we wanted to get the Doge's Palace and the cathedral in the background.

Ian
              Founder/editor
              sigpic

Comment

That content aware feature alone makes the upgrade to CS5 well worth it imho. It's a superb tool.

Pol

Comment

I make good use of this tool in Elements 10. Just needs a touch up every now and then with the clone tool.

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

Working...
                  X