Real life use of new lens correction panel LR3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real life use of new lens correction panel LR3

I've been using the new lens correction panel in LR3 to correct some shots taken in a warehouse. The original shots taken over a year ago were corrected in DxO at the time but I wanted to know how LR3 performed on the same job.

These sample shots show a before and after of 3 different photos. Each one was corrected for barrel distortion and vertical geometry. There is a profile for my lenses though the nearest camera available was the 1DMkIII and mine is the MkIIN. Each image took a matter of only a few seconds to adjust and then automatically crops out the spare space created.

DxO could also have done the adjustments pretty quickly, though I find a bit more fiddly, and it takes longer to process than LR. In Photoshop it would have taken much longer and I couldn't have done it without first converting to a jpeg. All in all the new lens correction panel does a pretty impressive job.

With this last one noise reduction has also been applied
    Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Re: Real life use of new lens correction panel LR3

pretty impressive
    sigpic

www.imagenary.co.uk
    www.lujos.co.uk

Comment

Have you compared it with DxO Optics Pro?

Ian
      Founder/editor
      Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
      Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
      Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
        Have you compared it with DxO Optics Pro?

Ian
        Not directly, though I may give that a go. My impression was though, that the automatic profile corrections was not as accurate as DxO. Barrel distortion at the edge of the frame, particularly in verticals was not 100%. It must be said however that this could be corrected manually by adjusting the Distortion slider.
        Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

Working...
        X