Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filters & Actions

Hello.

I have Photoshop 7 and Elements 4. The question is can filters and actions be transfered from one to the another ie from elements to photoshop

Ian
    Ian

FujiFilm FinePix S6500fd (bridge camera)

Re: Filters & Actions

Originally posted by webdragon View Post
    Hello.

I have Photoshop 7 and Elements 4. The question is can filters and actions be transfered from one to the another ie from elements to photoshop

Ian
    I see no reasons why not, so long as the actions are not unique to Elements. Filters though are often usable on different programs.

If you look in Windows Explorer under Program Files then Adobe, you will find the two programs. Look for the Plugins folder and you will see a sub folder for Filters, these can be copied into the same folder in the other program. With Actions, they can be found in the Presets folder under Photoshop Actions and again can be copied into the other programs folder. If not you should be able to import them using the actions palette. I don't know Elements 4 but I'm assuming there is an actions palette or you wouldn't be asking the question
    Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

Re: Filters & Actions

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      I see no reasons why not, so long as the actions are not unique to Elements. Filters though are often usable on different programs.

If you look in Windows Explorer under Program Files then Adobe, you will find the two programs. Look for the Plugins folder and you will see a sub folder for Filters, these can be copied into the same folder in the other program. With Actions, they can be found in the Presets folder under Photoshop Actions and again can be copied into the other programs folder. If not you should be able to import them using the actions palette. I don't know Elements 4 but I'm assuming there is an actions palette or you wouldn't be asking the question
      In many ways, Elements 4 is a more advanced program than the 'full' version 7 of Photoshop and so it would be more likely that PS7 actions would work on PSE4 rather than the other way around.

Ian
      Founder/editor
      Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
      Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
      Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Working...
      X