Lightroom Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightroom Query

If one has a number of folders already imported and one wishes to group several of them as sub folders under a new empty heading, how does one create an empty folder and move the other wanted folders under it. ? As an example I have a number folders of images of different places in India which we visited a few years ago and I want to get the folders under a heading "India05". How do I create an empty heading with that name.?

Re: Lightroom Query

Hi Dennis

To create your new folder, whilst in the Library module right click on an existing folder (probably the top folder in your list ). A drop down menu offers you the the option of creating a new folder, select that option and then rename. You will then be able to drag your existing folders into the new folder.

Hope this is what you wanted to do.

Regards

Martin

Comment

Re: Lightroom Query

Hi Martin - Many thanks for reply. Tried that but there was no option to 'Create new folder' , however there was an option 'Show parent folder' which I clicked on and lo and behold the folders in question all fell automatically into place below the parent heading.

Comment

Working...
      X