Adobe account security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe account security

As you may have been aware with recent headline news coverage, Adobe's corporate network was hacked a few days ago and it's likely that customer accounts have been compromised. Adobe is now emailing all its customers requesting that they change their passwords. If you are an Adobe customer and especially if you bought Adobe software and paid using a credit card online then you should change your password as soon as possible.

IMPORTANT - make sure you go to the official adobe.com page for changing your account password. It's probably best to god to adobe.com and finding the page there as no doubt there will be some spoof emails phishing for your account details.

My understanding is that actual details stored in your account are encrypted and unlikely to be vulnerable but as a precaution a change of password to prevent unauthorised activity is very advisable.

Ian
    Founder/editor
    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
    sigpic

Re: Adobe account security

I had a notification a couple of days ago from Adobe. I wasn't sure about it at first, wondered if it was some sort of spam or phishing mail.

I decided to test things by going to 'My Account' on the Adobe site under my own stean, rather than clicking on the link in the email, tried my usual Adobe ID and password and it redirected me to change the password.

Did as they asked and all is well now, no bother. I have no card details in there anyway, just product registrations etc.

First I'd known about them being hacked was when I received their email.

Pol

Comment

This 'My Account' link should take you directly to your Adobe account - which is the route I used.

https://www.adobe.com/uk/account.html

Pol

Comment

Thankfully I don't have an account but it must be a worry for those that do.
        -------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pops View Post
          Thankfully I don't have an account but it must be a worry for those that do.
          Not really a worry, especially if you only use 'My Adobe ID' (your a/c) for software registration, software updates and the community where you can browse and d/l various actions, filters etc.

I mainly use 'My Adobe' (my a/c) for keeping a list of my software registrations, customer help and occasionally browsing the freebies. I've never used a credit or debit card on their website so I wasn't worried in the least. I only ever go in there to seek help eg if my 'puter dies and I need their help for deactivating lost software etc.

Adobe has a nice community section actually.

Pol

Comment

Working...
          X