Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats your opinion?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Whats your opinion?

    Thanks again all who have offered opinions. Just to satisfy those who prefer it without a figure here is the original figureless


    Stephen

    sigpic

    Check out my BLOG too


    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Whats your opinion?

      Philosophically speaking, is the person added to the scene or is the scene added to the person?

      Or, to put it another way, do we create the world around us or does the world create the person it wants within it?

      There, that's my brainwork for the week...

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Whats your opinion?

        Hi Stephen,
        The person is, in my opinion, very important to the interest contained in the image, without him it would be lacking a little something, it is a good thing that the tree is between the figure and the tower block as the tower would be growing fron his head.
        Catch Ya Later
        Tinka

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Whats your opinion?

          Originally posted by Stephen View Post
          Thanks again all who have offered opinions. Just to satisfy those who prefer it without a figure here is the original figureless
          Having seen it with the figures in Stephen, I have to say that the shot now seems lifeless (well, it is! )

          I much prefer it with the gentleman walking toward us.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Whats your opinion?

            Originally posted by coupekid View Post
            Having seen it with the figures in Stephen, I have to say that the shot now seems lifeless (well, it is! )

            I much prefer it with the gentleman walking toward us.
            I'd agree Ben, what a difference a person makes However as I said earlier, the picture is about more than the person, they are just 'window dressing'
            Stephen

            sigpic

            Check out my BLOG too


            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Whats your opinion?

              Originally posted by Stephen View Post
              I'd agree Ben, what a difference a person makes However as I said earlier, the picture is about more than the person, they are just 'window dressing'
              The more I look at these the more I prefer the one with no person visible. As a matter of fact in the last one, the 'empty' one - I am the person in the picture, I'm walking up the cobbles, up the slope towards that lamp.

              Pol

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Whats your opinion?

                Originally posted by Pol View Post
                The more I look at these the more I prefer the one with no person visible. As a matter of fact in the last one, the 'empty' one - I am the person in the picture, I'm walking up the cobbles, up the slope towards that lamp.

                Pol
                You make an excellent point Pol. Its the photo that allows the imagination to roam, to dream, even to feel the scene, and the ones with the figures may make this less so. So yes I can see where you are coming from
                Stephen

                sigpic

                Check out my BLOG too


                Comment

                Working...
                X