Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one works best?

Which one works best?

Original Image un-cropped (I felt the couple were too central)

Cropped image

Brian
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page" St Augustine

Re: Which one works best?

Lovely location there. Both pictures convey peace, tranquility and the feel and smells of a pleasant woodland walk.

I haven't had much time to ponder but my immediate reaction is that those steps give the overall picci that extra feeling of space and distance. I also like the way the steps and the people give the overall scene some scale and distance.

Pol

Comment

There are quite a few variations that can be applied to this shot. I have posted one that may give you something to work on. Main reason for this crop was to try to maintain the open space feel and at the same time reduce the amount of blown sky. It's only a quick edit and could be improve no end with a bit more time.

Comment

Nice one Ron, much better t-up
        Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

I too cropped the blown sky, left in the steps & gave the overall pic a soft focus
          Attached Files
          Jocelyn

Comment

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I like Ron and Joycelyn's crops of the image; when I first cropped the image, I cropped the bottom part which made the couple appear a lot closer than they were , this was the reason I cropped in from the side.

The sky was funny that evening and looks blown in every photo.

Brian
            "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page" St Augustine

Comment

Working...
            X