Yet another pano!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another pano!!

A six shot pano. Done in Photoshop CS3 with the improved Photomerge. It really is improved, and I have less need to use my Panotools now. Merged as two panos of three shots each, after cloning out a power pylon.

Roger

Re: Yet another pano!!

Originally posted by rogleale View Post
    A six shot pano. Done in Photoshop CS3 with the improved Photomerge. It really is improved, and I have less need to use my Panotools now. Merged as two panos of three shots each, after cloning out a power pylon.

Roger
    It's pano day today - a very fine stitch-up, if I may say so

You have everything in there - detail, colour, perspective - it's a feast for the eyes!

I have used CS3 PhotoMerge as well - it's definitely improved, but I did detect some minor misalignment in my effort. This was with 6 portrait mode frames in a line.

I'll upload it later.

By the way, Roger, I need to pick your brains in the Computer conundrums board

Ian
    Founder/editor
    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
    sigpic

Comment

Love the whole of the foreground which is very rich in colour but not sure about the sky. The far left portion seems slightly misbalanced with the rest.
      JMO
      -------------------------

Comment

Yep, I like it, very nautical, looks like a beach scene after a storm.
        Catch Ya Later
        Tinka

Comment

Re: Another CS3 Photomerge pano

Originally posted by Ian View Post
          It's pano day today - a very fine stitch-up, if I may say so

You have everything in there - detail, colour, perspective - it's a feast for the eyes!

I have used CS3 PhotoMerge as well - it's definitely improved, but I did detect some minor misalignment in my effort. This was with 6 portrait mode frames in a line.

I'll upload it later.

By the way, Roger, I need to pick your brains in the Computer conundrums board

Ian
          As promised:

This is from 7 portrait mode frames. I really only threw this together for some family to look at. It's from JPEGs and the high contrast conditions proved a struggle for me to balance the cloud highlights and the shadows.

Ian
          Founder/editor
          sigpic

Comment

Hi Ian,
            A great subject for a pano, "I really only threw this together for some family to look at" Do I see some very fine joins in the image? the look very like fine hair line cracks, especially in the grass areas and climbing up the small conifer and building just to the left of the marqee. I like the way the path diverges and takes your interest in different directions. An interesting and absorbing image. where was it taken?
            Catch Ya Later
            Tinka

Comment

Originally posted by Tinka View Post
              Hi Ian,
              A great subject for a pano, "I really only threw this together for some family to look at" Do I see some very fine joins in the image? the look very like fine hair line cracks, especially in the grass areas and climbing up the small conifer and building just to the left of the marqee. I like the way the path diverges and takes your interest in different directions. An interesting and absorbing image. where was it taken?
              Yes, there are some artefacts - hence my original response in this thread. Photomerge is better in CS3 - certainly easier to use and less prone to 'gving up' but it's still not that great at the stitching, relative to some speciality packages.

The scene is the grounds of Abbot's Hill School, Kings Langley, the former home of paper mill baron John Dickinson (and quite by coincidence - the DPNow office is situated in one of the former Dickinson paper mill buildings in Apsley). It was built in the late 1830s.

Ian
              Founder/editor
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X