Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Barn

Hi,
    This is an photo taken whilst in the states last month, I've played around with it a little and am just looking for some input on it really, little bit of guidance....

I have to fix the sky tonight, yesterday it looked ok right before going to bed, so will be smoothing it out as its gone yukky from over editing.

Thanks

G.

Re: Old Barn

Had a quick play with your image and as you say a little noise reduction to the sky is needed. I also found the image needs straitening and I cropped a bit of the bottom for good measure. I personally think the image can stand a little more brightness especially if this is done when you have the sky selected for noise reduction, you can reverse selection and brighten the image with out blowing the sky out. Like the picture, would make a nice wall print.

Comment

Cheers Ron!
      Will re-up tonight, have already cropped a good 2" from the bottom, the reason I stopped where I did was to keep it tidy with the road coming into the corner, will try a tighter crop at the bottom too and see how it goes with the tweaking.

Comment

Originally posted by 19ninety View Post
        Cheers Ron!
        Will re-up tonight, have already cropped a good 2" from the bottom, the reason I stopped where I did was to keep it tidy with the road coming into the corner, will try a tighter crop at the bottom too and see how it goes with the tweaking.
        I only took about half an inch off the bottom and it seemed to balance the picture better. Am I right to say you have desaturated this to get B&W. I find converting to B&W gives a better range of tones.

Here is my take on it.

Comment

Made a real good job of that Ron.
          The buildings now have character and jump out of the screen.
          -------------------------

Comment

Ahhh, you beat me to it, this is where I was looking at:

Your rigth thats with desaturate, just tried playing with lowering the gama correction and that makes it a bit brighter, which playing wth the original seems to get me where I'd have been if I used B&W rather then going the long road

Comment

Originally posted by Pops View Post
              Made a real good job of that Ron.
              The buildings now have character and jump out of the screen.
              Thanks POPS. I think there is a lot more in this image. Would love to play with the original.

Comment

These are great barns and the large one sits very proudly. I would like to have seen more of the road on the left. While I appreciate the mono gives it the old look I suspect that the colours on these barns might be amazing.

Comment

Working...
                X