1st outing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st outing

Hi just bought a DSLR (D40) and took a few pics in our local park in Oxford. Grateful for comments regarding composition and whether the pink colouring is too contrived.

Cheers

Last edited by Stephen; 06-02-07, 02:47 PM. Reason: To put full image inline on the page

Re: 1st outing

Hi Slam,
    I like your image as a mono, not keen on the pink though, but that is just my opinion, and I suspect you are not sure either. I would be tempted to produce a mono, split tone and tri tone to see which I prefered as it is a great image. and also with just the childs hat and shoes as selective colored as you have done.
    Catch Ya Later
    Tinka

Comment

Originally posted by Slam View Post
      Hi just bought a DSLR (D40) and took a few pics in our local park in Oxford. Grateful for comments regarding composition and whether the pink colouring is too contrived.

Cheers
      Hi Slam,

I like the photo as a theme and capture.
      The pink color is not so attractive in my opinion. Obviouslyyou tried to match the kid's hat and having a duotone photo. Why not try to use some color that is closer to any sky conditions, let's say some brown-redish, yellow redish or some normal monotone.
      I also think a little more contrast in the photo would make it look more attractive.

George

Comment

Cheers

Composition is fine Slam, though not a great fan of the toning in the sky. Selective toning can be a bit cliched and contrived if your not careful. Down to personal taste again I suppose. I would also suggest you see if you can find any more detail in the sky by darkening it a bit.
        Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

Cheers
          Great composition in my opinion....really dont like the pink though, especially the sky.

I reckon if you convert to mono and left as is, you would have a super shot here.

Can I ask if you did that to the sky because it was blown, as if this is the case, sometimes some careful vignetting can mask this.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm with everyone else re the sky....more so I think because through the trees, directly in front of the man and those over on the left, the original sky can still be seen.
            -------------------------

Comment

Cheers for the comments. I'll get rid of the red and leave it in mono.

Comment

I like the image alot, but I dont like the pink, just a high contrast black & white image would be fine.
                cheers
                Ash.
                http://www.ftmphotography.co.uk

Comment

wow, i love the pink in this!
                  not really, just wanted to be different

i think you have an excellent image in composition, but would rather see a mono version as well and the sky darkened for detail just a tad.

thanks for sharing this wonderful capture!

Comment

Working...
                  X