• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Britton
    replied
    Re: Gorilla in "side-light"

Originally posted by Garry View Post
    Yes. They are very good. Cant explain why. But in the Sea lion shots where the portions of jaw and mouth are missing, doesn't matter, because the eyes are visible, even though they are closed.

Eyes seem to be my visual contact spot.
    Got it! Thanks again for taking the time to comment. You're very kind to do so.

Tony

Leave a comment:

• Garry
    replied

Originally posted by Tony Britton View Post
    I understand. Did you see the last image in my sea lion post. I refer to the "hide-and-seek" technique there, as well. In that case I've hidden a portion of the jaw and mouth. Granted, I use this technique sparingly, yet still find it visually interesting!

Tony
    Yes. They are very good. Cant explain why. But in the Sea lion shots where the portions of jaw and mouth are missing, doesn't matter, because the eyes are visible, even though they are closed.

Eyes seem to be my visual contact spot.

Leave a comment:

• Tony Britton
    replied

Then again. You achieved your objective, Tony.

The image as I said is great. I really like it.

Just a thing I have about eye to eye contact, in animals and people.
    I understand. Did you see the last image in my sea lion post. I refer to the "hide-and-seek" technique there, as well. In that case I've hidden a portion of the jaw and mouth. Granted, I use this technique sparingly, yet still find it visually interesting!

Tony

Leave a comment:

• Garry
    replied

Originally posted by Tony Britton View Post
    Thanks, Garry. Just to let you know the black area around the eyes was intentional. I have many gorilla photos with the eyes more visible but in this case I wanted to play hide-and-seek, which I occasionally find fun and interesting. Thanks for looking!

Tony
    Then again. You achieved your objective, Tony.

The image as I said is great. I really like it.

Just a thing I have about eye to eye contact, in animals and people.

Leave a comment:

• Tony Britton
    replied

I really like this. Magnificent beast.

But I find myself, keep looking for the eyes.
    Thanks, Garry. Just to let you know the black area around the eyes was intentional. I have many gorilla photos with the eyes more visible but in this case I wanted to play hide-and-seek, which I occasionally find fun and interesting. Thanks for looking!

Tony

Leave a comment:

• Garry
    replied

I really like this. Magnificent beast.

But I find myself, keep looking for the eyes.

Leave a comment:

• Tony Britton
    started a topic Gorilla in "side-light"

Gorilla in "side-light"

I wanted to provide one of my favorite examples of the effect that oblique or side-lighting has on many of the subjects I love to photograph, birds in particular. Although this is an image of a captive gorilla it nonetheless illustrates the effect. Hand-held, no cropping.

Working...
X