Sweet William

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet William

One from the garden and processed in LR3.

Regards Paul.
    One day I hope to be the person my dogs think I am.

My Flickr Photos

Re: Sweet William

Originally posted by OlyPaul View Post
    One from the garden and processed in LR3.
    This is a gorgeous picture, beautiful composition and colours with an almost Christmassy feel to it. I love the overall 'staburst' composition and content with the shapes of the petals and foliage working so well together.

I'm not quite so sure about the dof, which gives it a rather two dimensional appearance - a bit like a painting. I think I might've preferred slightly more dof to make the flowers and foliage more 3d, to come forward more from the background - just enough to separate the petals of each bloom from the one behind it.

Having said that, I still like the picci very much even just as it is.

Pol

Comment

Paul,

I've just been looking at this same Sweet William picture in your pbase gallery and it's interesting to note how much brighter, how much more 'punch' it has in pbase.

I guessing that's possibly because it's displayed against a black background in pbase - so the colours and contrasts are more obvious, clearere and more instantly noticed?

It definitely seems to 'pop' more for me in pbase.

Pol

Comment

Verrry nice!
        http://www.ftmphotography.co.uk

Comment

Stunning colour and nicely balanced.
          If .. I had this in my garden I would be tempted to cut it and arrange it on a black background
          -------------------------

Comment

works for me...
            i might have misted them a little and made the lighting a little more directional for more snap. that's just me though, kinda like adding salt to fries (chips). it's all a matter of taste with NO absolute right answer, just personal taste.
            great job.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys much appriciated.

I don't do still life's (it's a pet hate of mine) so it very much down to what is there and making use of the natural light for me. Though saying that I'm quite happy using studio lights for portraits, and I know I'm strange.
              Regards Paul.
              One day I hope to be the person my dogs think I am.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
              X