Tree Shadows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tree Shadows

This was taken at Cannon Hall, last month, one of maybe 5 shots I managed to take, Thomas shot about 100! Ihave noticed that some posters are managing to post there images alot larger, but Im struggling to keep it below 250k for a decent image size, although I do have my monitor at high resolution, any tips would be apppreciated.
    Ash.
    Attached Files
    http://www.ftmphotography.co.uk

Re: Tree Shadows

Originally posted by ash View Post
    This was taken at Cannon Hall, last month, one of maybe 5 shots I managed to take, Thomas shot about 100! Ihave noticed that some posters are managing to post there images alot larger, but Im struggling to keep it below 250k for a decent image size, although I do have my monitor at high resolution, any tips would be apppreciated.
    Ash.

Ash - you can use a larger inmage if you upload it to your gallery and use the UBB Code provided to copy/paste the code into your posting. That will make the full size image open embedded in your posting (preferable in the Critique forum anyway)

To find the UBB coding - open your picci in the gallery, scroll down and you'll see the 'copy to clipboard' button. Click on that to copy the code to the clipboard - then hold down Ctrl+V to paste it into your posting.

You can decide for yourself what size image you wanna upload to the gallery. You have 50Mb gallery space, images can be up to 1600 pixels wide to allow for panoramas.

There's also a member Test forum HERE so you can experiment with the gallery system of linking the UBB Code until you get used to how it all works. Use the test forum as much as you need to until you're confident with the various tools - that's why it's there.

Hope that helps.

Pol

Comment

Ash.
      Hi Ash,
      I like your image, it was well spotted and photographed, an unusual image.
      It would be best to follow Pols advice to get decent sized images on to the forum, it works extremely well.
      Catch Ya Later
      Tinka

Comment

Hi Ash
        As Pol says upload to your gallery first, then if you are starting a new thread the message panel has a button to select "my pics " this takes you your gallery where all you need to do select original image in the drop down menu and click on the picture you want which is then pasted directly in to your message. ( No need to copy and ctl V)If you are replying to a thread and wish to post an image select the advanced option in message panel then "my pics." etc.

Martin

Comment

Ash.
          Hi Ash,

On top of what the others have said, I generally use 'save for web' on photoshop.
          I adjust the image to around 600-700 pixels on its larger side.
          Then, using the quality slider, have the maximum you can afford for the 250k size limit.
          sigpic

Comment

Wats goin on ere then, this is a very old post, 1.5 years
            But the last post by coupekid says 2 days ago
            http://www.ftmphotography.co.uk

Comment

Good point Ash

Comment

Working...
              X