Your thoughts on this one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts on this one

I'll post a little later how its made. Just want your thoughts on the image for now.

My PhotoBlog

Re: Your thoughts on this one

I think it's great. I'd have prefer a green car, but you need to take what' there. The red is a bit too close to the color of the leaves.

Steve

Comment

I think it works a dream with speed and excitement written all over it. Whats really nice is the good amount of road ahead of the car with the bend at the end. You feel and see what the driver might be experiencing even though you are not in the car (maybe in another car?).
      Reminds me of a graphic from a computer game.

Comment

Originally posted by fluffy View Post
        I think it's great. I'd have prefer a green car, but you need to take what' there. The red is a bit too close to the color of the leaves.

Steve
        In my opinion the fact the car sort of tones with the background works well, however the car could be made green easily enough.

Patrick

Comment

Well first off you could say this is the ultimate digital photograph, as it's all made up of pixels, nothing in it is real. Its a in game image from an Xbox 360 game called Forza3. The game has a photomode, you can save a replay of a race stop the action go into it and have a sort of virtual camera. You have all the settings you have on real one, so everything in the image has been set by me the shutter speed to get the right blur and dof. You can move the cam into almost any position to get the composition right. It even has basic post processing where you can change contrast, tone, brightness etc.

All this is good fun of course and it got me thinking into why the is no real world training for basic photography like this. It would have made the world of difference to me when i first picked up a camera to see how things change when you move shutter speed and aperture, and learn basic composition.
          My PhotoBlog

Comment

I haven't read the other replies yet, but at first glance, I expected to see the car coming towards me instead of going away!

I feel that the movement of the background is the wrong way round. Just my first feelings. Not looked at anything else in detail yet.
            Audrey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn36/

Comment

It's a nice picture though with lovely colours. It is dynamic and has a lot of impact.
              Audrey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn36/

Comment

I have to say I thought it was a still from a computer game right from the instant I saw it

But it does illustrate how realistic CGI has become - even computer games, let alone CGI in movies.

Ian
                Founder/editor
                Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
                Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Certainly gives a strong sense of movement and personally i love the colours the way they are.
                  -------------------------

Comment

Awsome image however it was created, the art of the magic is from the eye that created it.
                    You beat me to it, I was going to post an image capture from need for speed shift but no were near as good as this.
                    well done.
                    http://www.ftmphotography.co.uk

Comment

Ahhh, Maple Valley!! Lovely track, favored by the manual brakers!

Nice picture. How did you get it off the xbox and is that a Jag, did you download the car?

Comment

it is extremely unreal to be real. I agree that the sense of movement of the trees is in the opposite direction of the car The men´s shadow inside the car are unrealistic. Overall it looks like a comic illustration. But I like it...Horacio

Comment

My son plays these games a lot and while my first thoughts were "it's a screen shot from a computer game", I then thought that maybe you had rendered a real shot to look like a CGI shot.

This raises a big question in my mind. As you chose all the variables in this virtual world, the subject, camera position, settings etc., is the picture that you have created in any way less of a picture, than if it had been a "real world" image that was manipulated.

At what point is the crossover between a digital image and a digital photograph.

And just to confuse things even more. If I use a controlable webcam to view a scean half way round the world, and download an image from it, is that my photograph
                          Graham

Comment

Originally posted by ekkl View Post
                            Ahhh, Maple Valley!! Lovely track, favored by the manual brakers!

Nice picture. How did you get it off the xbox and is that a Jag, did you download the car?
                            You have to have Xbox live, It uploads the image to the Forza home page and you can then download from there.
                            My PhotoBlog

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post

This raises a big question in my mind. As you chose all the variables in this virtual world, the subject, camera position, settings etc., is the picture that you have created in any way less of a picture, than if it had been a "real world" image that was manipulated.

At what point is the crossover between a digital image and a digital photograph.

And just to confuse things even more. If I use a controlable webcam to view a scean half way round the world, and download an image from it, is that my photograph
                              Well thats one of the things on my mind when i posted it. Ok its just a game, but i think its a bit deeper than that. I think anything that has any sort input into it can be claimed to be creative and your work.
                              And the interesting thing is given that until i print out a hard copy of one of my images taken with my D700, none of it is real, nothing solid to hold onto its just all pixels and code.
                              My PhotoBlog

Comment

Working...
                              X