X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jojo
    replied
    Re: I passed !!

Thank you all for your kind comments too I would recommend the course to pretty much beginners who have an elementary grasp - I think it may be a just a little too basic for the majority of you who post regularly here, especially those who are conversant with full blown PS (the course provides you with a copy of Elements 5).

I thoroughly enjoyed being encouraged to perhaps "think outside of the box" in order to come up with photos that demonstrated what had been taught in each weeks tutorials. We had to post ten different images each week onto an intranet in order for fellow students to critique and comment. This was daunting at first but proved to be popular with everybody, as the majority of students were keen novices and as such were all "batting from a level playing field" so to speak. There were a few exceptions of course. Images of such high quality both technically and visually from clearly very proficient photographers using 5D's, D2Xs's and 1Ds MkII's begged the question as to why they were on the course There was some talk amongst students on the course Blog to petition for a Level 2 course for next year - don't think the OU have taken them up on it so far.

The course website and documentation indicated that if a good enough result was obtained (had to be rated the highest "Outstanding") then this would go towards a Licentiateship distinction with the Royal Photographic Society. Not so. The RPS do not give an exemption for this course and you still have to submit a panel to them directly.

As I said above, I thoroughly enjoyed the course and have been both motivated and encouraged by it to seek further development in the field of digital photography.

Nuff said

Jo

Leave a comment:

• Autumn
    replied

Congrats to Jojo too.

Leave a comment:

• Jocelyn Walker
    replied

Congrats & well done, to both Julia & JoJo!You can be right proud of your achevements!

Leave a comment:

• fluffy penguin
    replied

very well done, a nice feeling to the end of hard work and feel it was all worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Caz
    replied

Congratulations to Julia and Jojo , well done to both of you.

So, would you both recommend the course?

As a previous OU student, I can tell you that you don't get feedback, especially on level 1 courses.

And now what's next?

Caz

Leave a comment:

• StuartR
    replied

Well done Julia and jojo

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied

Originally posted by jojo View Post
    I did indeed, thanks Ian, and did far better than I ever expected - quite amazing really when I still struggle with what, to most folks, are probably simple and straightforward matters. Since I got my DSLR I've suddenly become all "sponge-like" (must be an age thing!) wanting to soak up as much info as I can (and trying hard to retain it more to the point!)

Jo
    And so congratulations to you too!

Ian

Leave a comment:

• jojo
    replied

I did indeed, thanks Ian, and did far better than I ever expected - quite amazing really when I still struggle with what, to most folks, are probably simple and straightforward matters. Since I got my DSLR I've suddenly become all "sponge-like" (must be an age thing!) wanting to soak up as much info as I can (and trying hard to retain it more to the point!)

Jo

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied

Originally posted by jojo View Post
    Well done Julia - LRPS next eh?

Jo
    Jo, I was thinking about you - didn't you do the same course?

ian

Leave a comment:

• jojo
    replied

Well done Julia - LRPS next eh?

Jo

Leave a comment:

• Josh Bear
    replied

many congratulations.

Best Regards

Josh

Leave a comment:

• Pops
    replied

Congratulations Julie for a task well completed

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Ian View Post
    Julia was supposed to come with me to a meeting today but after seeing your post, Pol, her head grew so large she couldn't fit through our front door

Seriously, poor thing has a swollen foot today, fingers crossed that antibiotics will do the trick...

Ian
    Now Julia has passed you had better not tread on her toes Ian. Or am I too late. Well done Julia, hope you can start putting you foot down again soon.

Leave a comment:

• Julia
    replied

Thanks to everyone for your comments about my photos and my foot (thanks, Ian). I am pleased with the result although I would have liked some feedback from the examiners.

Julia

Leave a comment:

• coupekid
    replied

Hey! congratulations Julia!

I bet your chuffed to bits

Leave a comment:

Working...
X