Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Update on OU course

Hi Julia

I think it is a charming picture and the colour is so delicate. The exposure looks spot on to me the fur/feathers? look so soft.

For my taste the inclusion of the duckling's tail and a little bit more space around it would be better.

I like the diagonal angle of the shot. If you could have got it corner to corner that would have been really good, but I have tried many times in Clumber Park and the darned things just wont keep still.

Look forward to seeing more. You are doing really well.
    Audrey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn36/

Comment

Another cygnet photo for comment

Julia

Julia

Comment

Julia,

That is a great picture!I also am taking a photo course. Mine will take about a year to a year and a half to complete. From what I have seen you should have no problems! Good Luck!!

Comment

Hi Julia

Well you can tell wild life was not my top subject at school. I called your cygnet a duckling.

I love the tight crop and the composition. The focus is not quite right - either that or camera shake. Anyway it's a "bit soft" as they say.

If you have to submit it anyway, I would clone out the blade of grass over the cygnet's back and remove it back to the stem.

Just my opinion, you understand. There will be others who will be able to tell you exactly what settings you need to get the correct exposure and focus on the swan and cygnet; but hey it's a really good composition!

In fact looking again, I would be tempted to try a square presentation by cropping about an inch (as we see it on the screen) off the right hand side.
          Audrey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn36/

Comment

Working...
          X