X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodbender
    replied
    Re: How do you do it

Divx would not convert the video files from my screen capture programme but not to worry, I've achieved what I wanted by up loading to Photobucket and emailing a link to the video. Works just fine. Quality could be better but it will serve its purpose. Thanks again all for your help.

Leave a comment:

• Rodbender
    replied

Originally posted by Barr1e View Post
    Hi Rod -

I use this and hope it might be useful to you.

http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/converter/

Regards. Barr1e
    Thank you kind Sir, I have downloaded it and will give it a try.

Leave a comment:

• Barr1e
    replied

Hi Rod -

I use this and hope it might be useful to you.

http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/converter/

Regards. Barr1e

Leave a comment:

• Rodbender
    replied

Originally posted by coupekid View Post
    Hi Rod,

Sounds like a great idea you have there!

I used CamStudio which was a free download, and was extremely simple to use.

I then imported the resultant avi file into Windows Movie Maker (also a free download from the Microsoft site, or, if you have Vista it will be included)

In doing this, you can also add text. As I have with the tutorials here, titles, and credits.

Hope that helps!

By the way, one thing I am struggling with, as you would have no doubt noticed, is image quality. It would appear that the videos I produce, seem to lose a lot of quality in uploading.

So if anyone has any suggestions, I would love to here them!
    Hi Ben, I have downloaded about 4 different programmes one of which is CamStudio. They all seem to work very well. I have not uploaded any of my test files as yet, but must say the playback quality from all of them is surprisingly good. I was hoping to go the email route but have hit a snag. The files are too large for email unless I compress them. That may prove a problem for the recipient so looking at reducing file size or uploading to a host site and just sending a link in the email. It's all rather new and have quite a bit to experiment with to get this of to a fine art. I'll keep you posted if I gain any useful info on the process.

Leave a comment:

• coupekid
    replied

Hi Rod,

Sounds like a great idea you have there!

I used CamStudio which was a free download, and was extremely simple to use.

I then imported the resultant avi file into Windows Movie Maker (also a free download from the Microsoft site, or, if you have Vista it will be included)

In doing this, you can also add text. As I have with the tutorials here, titles, and credits.

Hope that helps!

By the way, one thing I am struggling with, as you would have no doubt noticed, is image quality. It would appear that the videos I produce, seem to lose a lot of quality in uploading.

So if anyone has any suggestions, I would love to here them!

Leave a comment:

• Rodbender
    replied

Thanks DennisP. I've googled for your suggested programs and quite surprised that they appear to be quite simple to use. I have a screen capture program that I use for still shots but was unaware that video could also be captured in the same way. I'm sure if I can teach myself to do this properly I will be able to help some of my elderly friends master such things as attaching pictures to their emails etc. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Leave a comment:

• Rodbender
    started a topic How do you do it

How do you do it

I'm interested in making a video like this one (Selective Desaturation Tutorial) but have no idea how to start or what equipment etc I'll need. I currently help a lot of Silver Surfers (old codgers if you like) with their computer problems. I see this Video Tutorial method as a better way of explaining things plus they could keep the Tutorial to refer to again and again. Any info or help that points me in the right direction would be very much appreciated.
Working...
X