This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default storage allowance has been raised

Some of you will be relieved to know that I have raised the basic storage allowance on the gallery from 4MB to 10MB. The average size of images stored in the gallery is 150K, so 10MB is good for around 66 images, on average.

If you find you need more space than this, please contact me to apply for more. I will be more than happy to increase the space allocation of individual users, particularly if it's for storing images that are likely to be included in forum posts as this was the original purpose of the gallery.

Please don't delete images that are connected to forum posts as this leaves the forum archive incomplete. If you are running out of space, get in touch and we'll sort it for you.

I've looked at some other sites that offer gallery space and DPNow is relatively generous compared to many and currently we don't charge at all. Charging for the gallery is not part of our business plan. We aren't trying to compete with big services like FlickR or PhotoBucket, etc. But if there is demand for a paid for premium service, we'll consider it - get in touch if you want to explore this option.

Ian
    Founder/editor
    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Re: UPDATE: storage limit upped again!

In order to reward early DPNow.com registrants and to encourage more new registrants, the standard free photo gallery storage space limit has been raised once again, this time from 10MB to 50MB - but it's a limited offer to the first 500 registrants and the offer ends at the end of this month (November). If you are one of the first 500, you get to keep the 50MB gallery space for life. The limit reverts to 10MB on 1st December or after the 500th user registration.

Ian
    Founder/editor
    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Re: Default storage allowance has been raised

That is really really good to know Ian!
      I guess we can start jamming our galleries with photos!

Regards

Comment

Working...
      X