Lock Gates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock Gates

I took some lock gates on the canal today in colour and thought when processing the picture it looked pretty good in black and white.

Lock Gates
    http://

B
    Last edited by Barr1e; 1 week ago. Reason: tags

Am I really that old that for me B&W images seem normal? I guess it is because that's how it was when I started photography and still have a preference for this type of image. Great shot Barr1e with a good range of tones. Pin sharp as always from You and nicely composed. How I miss seeing pictures like this develop in the darkroom. A large slice of our hobby sadly removed by computers.
    Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodbender View Post
      Great shot Barr1e with a good range of tones. Pin sharp as always from You and nicely composed.
      Think you summed that up nicely, Ron. Cant add to that, apart from. Smashing image, Barr1e.

Comment

Having spent hundreds of hours in darkrooms printing black and white all I will say is that there is nothing quite like a good black and white print!

Ian
        Founder/editor
        Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
        Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
        Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
        Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Couldn’t resist. 😄
          Attached Files
          If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.
          GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

• Ian
            Ian commented
            Editing a comment
            That's hilarious!

Perhaps we have to except then that Black and White people have turned Coloured.
          Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

Comment

Working...
          X