Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best printer for home photo printing?

Hi,
    Just wondering what would be a recommended printer for home prints? Mainly for my girlfriend who is scrapbooking a lot but also its nice to print off photos occasionallyto make cards etc. No need to print over standard photograph size, though ability to print various smaller sizes would be great. I know nothing about printing so thought it would be bette rto ask here rather then risk buying something that wont do what we want.

Thakns in advance

Oh and Happy New Year all!!

Re: Best printer for home photo printing?

Originally posted by 19ninety View Post
    Hi,
    Just wondering what would be a recommended printer for home prints? Mainly for my girlfriend who is scrapbooking a lot but also its nice to print off photos occasionallyto make cards etc. No need to print over standard photograph size, though ability to print various smaller sizes would be great. I know nothing about printing so thought it would be bette rto ask here rather then risk buying something that wont do what we want.

Thakns in advance

Oh and Happy New Year all!!
    Hi,

big subject this My advice would be to visit a local store and ask to see a sample of prints it might give you an idea of what they can do. Giving my perspective I have an epson 2880 in the house which may be a bit big for what you are looking for but gives amazing prints up to A3+. I also have a canon 4600 which is compact an gives great prints up to A4. There are some experts on printers on this forum and hopefully they will chip in, but I have always thought that the more separate ink tanks a printer has the better the print.

Best regards

Josh
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40196275@N08/

Comment

The new Epson range of all in one printers actually give really good results, but you also get a copier and scanner too, plus they work wirelessly and they are not too expensive.
      Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
        The new Epson range of all in one printers actually give really good results, but you also get a copier and scanner too, plus they work wirelessly and they are not too expensive.
        I don't think there are any bad printer out there whatever the brand, certainly the big companies. Epson being my personal preferred manufacturer. From your question you don't want anything that prints very large so an A4 would do the job and should print as small as A6 or even smaller, up to and including A4.
        A3+ printer are though excellent very big and are designed more for the serious photo enthusiast or graphics artist.
        Stephens idea of an all in one is a very good idea, I use one as a second printer.
        They are relatively inexpensive, and print high quality, the main difference these days between the expensive and inexpensive is speed rather than print quality.
        Watch the very cheap printers the inks are usually particularly expensive, and what you save when buying will very quickly be absorbed on printing costs.
        Its worth noting none are cheap to run. Third party cheap inks can be considered, but with care the very cheap can do more harm than good.

Patrick

Comment

in town now so will have a look at the epson printers, i did see they were a popular topic title
          seems things have come on a long way since i had a bubble jet printer 12or so years ago
          thanks for your replies!

Comment

Originally posted by 19ninety View Post
            in town now so will have a look at the epson printers, i did see they were a popular topic title
            seems things have come on a long way since i had a bubble jet printer 12or so years ago
            thanks for your replies!
            Founder/editor
            Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
            Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
            Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
            Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Comment

I use an SX600FW for everyday use. It works wirelessly and does a god job of copying, scanning and printing. I wouldn't want to sell the prints from it, but they are more than adequate for personal use. It also has a Fax facility built in but I never use it.
                Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

I use a Canon Pixma IP 4500 A4 Printer and a Canon Pixma IX 4000 A3+printer.and a canoscan 8800F and there are wery wery good.Use always original ink and paper.
                  PEDER WINGE.
                  (Denmark)
                  "You donīt take a photograph,you make it"

Comment

I would like to suggest you HP Officejet 8600 Plus,Canon Pixma MG2220 Inkjet Photo All-in-One, Kodak ESP C310 All-in-One Printer,HP Photosmart D110Aand Epson PictureMate Show PM 300.

Printing solution provider <advertising link removed>
                    Last edited by Ian; 15-10-12, 02:22 PM. Reason: Removed advertising link

Comment

Talk about digging up an old thread.

Judging by the edit, I take it that was just for spamming purposes?

Comment

I will suggest HP Laserjet

Comment

Originally posted by carter2 View Post
                          I will suggest HP Laserjet
                          As this thread was started in 2010 I should hint the original poster has bought their printer and perhaps starting to wear it out

Patrick

Comment

Too funny!

Comment

Originally posted by JSR View Post
                              Talk about digging up an old thread.

Judging by the edit, I take it that was just for spamming purposes?
                              Indeed!

Ian
                              Founder/editor
                              Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
                              Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                              Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                              Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Working...
                              X