Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epson Stylus Photo 1290 query

I am using CS3 but when I tried to print today I got the following message:

"Some Post Script specific print settings (Interpolation, calibration, encoding) will be ignored since you are printing to a non-Postscript printer."

What does a Post Script Printer mean please?

I do calibrate my monitor. Does the message mean that it is ignoring this calibration?
    Audrey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn36/

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1290 query

Originally posted by Autumn View Post
    I am using CS3 but when I tried to print today I got the following message:

"Some Post Script specific print settings (Interpolation, calibration, encoding) will be ignored since you are printing to a non-Postscript printer."

What does a Post Script Printer mean please?

I do calibrate my monitor. Does the message mean that it is ignoring this calibration?
    Although calibrating your monitor will help to make the view on your screen closer to what you printer prints, they are not actually connected, so the printer will not be altered by you calibrating your monitor.

Post Script is a page description language used by some printers. I wonder if you are trying to print a picture that still contains layers - maybe including some vector graphics, possibly fonts?

Ian
    Founder/editor
    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

You mean I might not have flattened the image? That is possible, in fact I think I remember noticing that I hadn't flattened it, but did not think that it mattered. Thanks for that Ian.
      Audrey

Comment

I get this message no matter what I am printing but it's nothing to worry about.

I found this when I searched for it..

''This is simply telling you that the Printer driver you are using is not a postscript driver. In PS this is usually not a big deal, since PS is mainly a raster based application. However when working in Illustrator, your data will be rasterized before being printed. With a true postscript RIP/Driver you would be able to send native Post script data which would then be printed. With a post script device you'll see sharper text usually, as well as improvements in gradients and transparencies. CS2 worked the same way. This message goes away when you click "don't show again"...you may have done that in CS2''
        Mick............

Comment

Thanks Mick. I haven't done any printing since then so I don't know whether it will appear again.
          Audrey

Comment

Originally posted by Autumn View Post
            Thanks Mick. I haven't done any printing since then so I don't know whether it will appear again.
            Mine appears with everything I print. Well it did until I ticked the 'don't show again' box.
            Mick............

Comment

Working...
            X