Printers, don't you just love'em!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printers, don't you just love'em!?

Have been trying to make some evaluation prints for the Nikon V1 review I'm working on (it's dragging on a bit!). My Epson Stylus Pro R3800's maintenance tank was declared to be full by the printer, so no go with the that printer.

I'll use my backup R2880, then - oh no you won't. The T0965 cyan cartridge ran out half way through the print job - the only cartridge I didn't have a spare for. Nobody locally sells ink consumables for either of these printers, so I have had to order online. Hopefully they will arrive by Friday.

And most irritating of all, for some reason Lightroom was playing up during the printing and the printer settings were reverting all by them selves to printer manages colour when of course I needed Lightroom to be managing the colour with the printer colour management off. I wasted four A4 sheets because of this today. One more print than I actually needed to do to finish the job. Grrr!

Ian

PS Just got a new office printer - another Epson (I'm not sponsored or anything like that and the printer was bought and paid for by the company (the supplier delivered the wrong model originally, but that's another story...)) - a Workforce Pro WP-4525 DNF A4 printer/scanner/copier/fax (we don't use fax any more ). It's ink-jet (Durabrite pigmented inks, so not really designed for photos, but fine for 6x4s) and is designed to compete with lasers, with half the running costs purportedly. What's cute about this baby is that it can be given its own email address via the Epson Connect service, so you can email it and it will print the email and attachments (it recognises most common document formats).
    Founder/editor
    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Re: Printers, don't you just love'em!?

Bet you wouldn't have had any of those problems if you had been testing a Canon
    -------------------------

Comment

Ian, did you not get advance warning about the 3800 maintenence tank being full? I have a 3800, the Epson Status Monitor has been telling me for the past 3 weeks that I have 8% left. I normally get my printer supplies from Jigsaw Systems, they are not far from where I live in Nottingham so I can collect but are mainly mail order.

14.90 plus delivery for a maintenence tank http://www.jigsaw24.com/search/3800%...tenence%5etank .

There is a lot of very expensive gear on that website!

Geoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Pops View Post
        Bet you wouldn't have had any of those problems if you had been testing a Canon
        Canons run out of ink too ya know

Ian
        Founder/editor

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff View Post
          Ian, did you not get advance warning about the 3800 maintenence tank being full? I have a 3800, the Epson Status Monitor has been telling me for the past 3 weeks that I have 8% left. I normally get my printer supplies from Jigsaw Systems, they are not far from where I live in Nottingham so I can collect but are mainly mail order.

14.90 plus delivery for a maintenence tank http://www.jigsaw24.com/search/3800%...tenence%5etank .

There is a lot of very expensive gear on that website!

Geoff.
          There is a maintenance tank warning symbol on the small LCD on the printer and I had to change an ink cartridge at the same time, whose symbol is next to the maintenance tank symbol, so I only thought the ink tank was low. The on-screen display on the computer only refers to ink cartridges as far as I can recall.

I ordered from Ballicom International via Amazon; 13.53 + VAT for the maintenance tank and 8.37 +VAT for the TC095 cartridge. I went for express delivery so that's 5.95 on top (inc.VAT). Received a text and email to say it was despatched late afternoon yesterday, so there just might be a chance it will get here today.

Ian
          Founder/editor

Comment

Ian, this is a grab of my Epson status monitor, the maintenance cartridge life shows here at the bottom. This warning has been popping up for the past 2 weeks whenever I have used the printer.
            The other low level warnings are telling me that I will be spending 99.60 when I collect these tomorrow

Comment

Interesting - I didn't see this at my end!

That's not to say it wasn't showing

Ian
              Founder/editor

Comment

You can try Ricoh....It is well worth

Comment

Working...