New Canon Printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Canon Printer

Well I had to replace my "all in one HP junker", but not before it cost me $70 in ink it will now not use. Printed exactly two pages, and FZZZZZZZZ BOOM.

So this time, no more all in one consumer junk. I bought a small office grade Canon, no bells no whistles just two buttons "on and cancel", it has 5 ink tanks that cost less to replace than 2 in the HP junk. And is a wide carriage printer, 13 x 19. It got a lot of good press, I will let you know how we get along.
    So I may print a few wall hangers, if I can afford the paper and the frames.
    Steve40.

Re: New Canon Printer

A two button printer seems primative today but I have an idea that its going to be a joy to use. Is this an older version or a recent model?
    I thought office printers were huge stand on the floor monsters hardly suited for domestic use unless you live in a manor of course
    -------------------------

Comment

No its a current model, just a no frills one. Its more of a small/home office model, Canon PIXMA iX6520. But it is still quite a bit bigger, than my old all in one.

I reasoned a printer geared more toward heavy duty use, would last a bit longer. And it does get high marks for its photo print quality, time will tell and we will see.
      Steve40.

Comment

Canon 7DII, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, Sigma 18-300mm, Sigma 8-16mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551479 BC)

Comment

I am still using HP...Hoping to buy a canon

Comment

Well it's been a long time since I have been around; no I am not dead, just sleeping

Anyway after 4+ years with the Canon iX6520, no clogs, no runs, no drips, and no errors, still going strong. Made a few 13x19's, beautiful. It's not an economical printer though, loves its ink like a wineo loves his bottle. But I will trade that for Four, going on Fives years of faultless operation.

Promise! I will stop back soon.
            Last edited by Steve40; 14-06-16, 05:37 PM.
            Steve40.

Comment

Hi Steve,
              Like you I'm just napping......more.....
              I did a similar thing last year and replaced my dead Canon S800 with a Canon iP8720 that uses six ink cartridges (+gray). I'd say that we don't really need the "Pro Printers" to produce very nice prints. With the cameras into the double digit MPs there is lots of detail with which the printer's software can play...
              Bob

Comment

Working...
              X