Printing problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Printing problems!

I used to use a two screen set up on a Dell machine before buying the iMac and I was able to profile both screens, if the graphics card can support two screens then you should be able to profile both. It may depend on the OS system. Unfortunately I can't remember the exact process, but it was I recollect quit simple to do.

Patrick

Comment

Hi Garry.
      Just another thought on your screen brightness problem. If you go to E Photozine HERE at the bottom of the page is a greyscale bar chart which is a big help in setting up screen brightness and contrast. Adjust these two until you can see sixteen different shades.
      If your colour calibration is off you may find that this greyscale is tinted but you should still be able to see 16 tints.

Roger

Comment

Thanks guy's for your help here.

I have a little work I have to do tonight. But will be trying your suggestions out over the next few days, and will get back to you all, on this.

Oh yes! I found that I can, and have now, turned of the printer colour management.

I have the option to use printer colour management. Adobe RGB. Or no colour management.

Comment

Originally posted by Garry View Post
          Thanks guy's for your help here.

I have a little work I have to do tonight. But will be trying your suggestions out over the next few days, and will get back to you all, on this.

Oh yes! I found that I can, and have now, turned of the printer colour management.

I have the option to use printer colour management. Adobe RGB. Or no colour management.
          Garry that might be your problem you do not use Adobe RGB as a print profile, that is a colour space profile not a print profile, they are not the same.
          The computer has many profiles, each with its own job, colour space profiles, monitor profiles, printing profiles and a good few others all there to do one job, but in conjunction with all the others, just like a team. Give the wrong job to the wrong profile and you have problems.
          For printing there will have been print profiles installed when you installed the print driver, they can be self descripted such as epson gloss, epson matt, HP or Canon will have there own descriptions, but they will be equally descriptive. I agree it's best to turn off colour management particularly using custom profiles.
          If you have a printer with three black inks for b/w then you use printer manages prints when printing b/w.
          Sad to say it isn't just a question of pressing the print button as the manufacturers make us believe.
          It can be when everything is set up properly.

Patrick

Comment

Working...
          X