F1 How is the season going for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 How is the season going for you

I have not said much of late about F1 as I know its not everyones cup of tea. I see today that DC has called it a day and this will be his last season but he will stay on at red bull as a consultant. So how do you see this season going ??.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/petebphotos/

Re: F1 How is the season going for you

Originally posted by peter View Post
    So how do you see this season going ??.
    Better than the Spring - if David would just get around to putting the new battery into my old Nissan Micra.

>

>

>

>

>

Sorry chaps.

Pol

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
      Better than the Spring - if David would just get around to putting the new battery into my old Nissan Micra.

>

>

>

>

>

Sorry chaps.

Pol
      I think he is driving your nissan micra this season.

Comment

I think he is driving your nissan micra this season.
        Naah - he has an ugly RAV 4 which I hate because the seat belt strangles me.

That's why I want the battery sorted on my Micra - to prove he doesn't want me strangled.

Pol

Comment

Heard that DC may be getting a job with the beeb as commentator when ITV stop showing F1. Makes sense as Mr B is his manger
          Will Hamilton win his home GP? I think he is the only Brit with a chance.
          Mowgli

Comment

I'm off out early to Silverstone tomorrow morning

The weather forecast is reasonably good for tomorrow too... rather better than for Saturday and Sunday!

Ian
            Founder/editor
            Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
            Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
            Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
            Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

I have not said much of late about F1 as I know its not everyones cup of tea. I see today that DC has called it a day and this will be his last season but he will stay on at red bull as a consultant. So how do you see this season going ??.
              It's great to see the Ferraris racing each other once again. I'm still rooting for Hamilton, but his magic is not as apparent as before. Poor old Jenson is having a terrible season - but if it rains on Sunday he could be a dark (wet) horse...

I'm impressed with what Alonso has managed to squeeze out of the Renault and, of course, it was great to see Kubica win his and BMW Sauber's first GP

Ian
              Founder/editor

Comment

I'm mostly enjoying the season. I think it's because it's not a one-horse race this year. It's great to see the championship leader changing from week-to-week. I hope it keeps up 'til the end.

I just wish Button would *do* something with that car of his. Each race I'm yelling at the TV saying "Just get a point, just one point, that'll do..!! No, don't conk out..."

Still, in the meantime I can watch other British legends-to-be crashing into parked cars at the red lights! That lad learns everything from his father, doesn't he?

Not that I'm not pointing fingers at any particular British driver. I'm sure Button or Coulthard could have crashed into parked cars... if ever they got a car that'd go faster than one that's parked!

I've only just heard about DC hanging up his hat at the end of the season. I guess it's not really a surprise but it'll be a shame to see him go.

Comment

biggest downer on the season so far was mr binary running into the back of sutil in monaco. was so looking forward to him and FI getting a points finish.
                  Dave
                  http://www.devilgas.com

Comment

The British Grand Prix will make a surprise switch to Donington Park from 2010the FIA has announced.

I also like the fact this season is so wide open BMW coming 1st and 2nd the other weekend was great for the sport makes the top two look up. Ok so kimi was out because so idiot drove into the back of him but it was still good to see. Oh and talking about that and the red lights it was funny the other weekend when a certain Suzi Perry said just before the moto gp was about to kick off said "Well it good to know that all our guys know what the red lights are for".

Oh and will keep an eye out for your photos from today Ian.

Comment

The British Grand Prix will make a surprise switch to Donington Park from 2010the FIA has announced.

I also like the fact this season is so wide open BMW coming 1st and 2nd the other weekend was great for the sport makes the top two look up. Ok so kimi was out because so idiot drove into the back of him but it was still good to see. Oh and talking about that and the red lights it was funny the other weekend when a certain Suzi Perry said just before the moto gp was about to kick off said "Well it good to know that all our guys know what the red lights are for".

Oh and will keep an eye out for your photos from today Ian.
                      Well it looks like Silverstone has been well and truly shafted - and I don't necessarily mean they didn't deserve it. I was there today and I have to say the main public grandstands and many of the hospitality facilities were in a pretty poor state. Access to the circuit and the on the ground organisation looked good, however, compared to previous years.

If the people responsible for running the circuit can't or won't face up to what is happening at other GP venues around the world, then they surely can't complain. But what it does mean is that the fans will lose a great racing circuit from the calendar and I'm quite upset about that.

And I'm really surprised that Donington has been chosen. I was there last year for the Renault Sport World Series meeting. The existing circuit is just too small and narrow for F1, and the existing facilities are even worse than Silverstone, so my only guess is that there is a promise of some big investment in upgrading the venue.

Ian
                      Founder/editor

Comment

Ian like you say this has been on the cards for along time. I think the people that run the gp thought they were untouchable ie this is Silverstone and we ARE the British Gp. This may not be such a bad thing in the long run as in its better to lose one track and move on to another in England then lose out altogether. Big money must be on it way to Donington as they will have the gp and the moto gp to keep happy.

Comment

Ian like you say this has been on the cards for along time. I think the people that run the gp thought they were untouchable ie this is Silverstone and we ARE the British Gp. This may not be such a bad thing in the long run as in its better to lose one track and move on to another in England then lose out altogether. Big money must be on it way to Donington as they will have the gp and the moto gp to keep happy.
                          I wonder how Damon Hill (who has been central to reform at Silverstone) feels...

Ian
                          Founder/editor

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
                            I wonder how Damon Hill (who has been central to reform at Silverstone) feels...

Ian
                            Gutted I should think. Will be interesting to see what is said on the tv show tomorrow. Over the last few years I am sure there was a lot of in fighting in the drivers club about how the upgrades should be done to Silverstone.

Comment

Gutted about Silverstone going, but never say never as they say!
                              Great win for Hamilton, and well deservered in my view, he raced a blinder!

Massa needs to learn how to drive at half throttle! 5 spins, very impressive!

Good to see at least we will retain a Brit GP, lets just hope two years is enough for Donnington.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X