Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have You Ever Been to Africa?

Hello all ,

For those who haven't seen this already it is AMAZING!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM"]Battle at Kruger - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM"]Battle at Kruger - YouTube[/ame][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM"]Battle at Kruger - YouTube[/ame]

The Little guy even wins in the wild sometimes. I thought this stuff only happened in cinema movies!
    Last edited by Ian; 10-08-07, 10:05 PM.

Re: Have You Ever Been to Africa?

Originally posted by cowcrzy06 View Post
    Hello all ,

For those who haven't seen this already it is AMAZING!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM

The Little guy even wins in the wild sometimes. I thought this stuff only happened in cinema movies!
    Hi Jennifer - yes I have been to Africa, and lived there for two years in the 70s.

Not sure whether it's my browser at work but when I click the link I'm getting "not found'. I've tried the link using Explorer and Firefox, but neither work. Will have to have another look when I get home tonight.

Caz
    http://carolannphotos.com

Comment

Try to goggle this:
      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM"]Battle at Kruger - YouTube[/ame]

That will get you there for sure

Comment

That is one incredible piece of video. I have spent a lot of time in African game reserves having lived there for 36 years but never seen anything quite like that. Frankly I am amazed that they put it on U-tube as I am sure they could have made megabucks if they had sold it instead.
        "My own suspicion is that the universe is not only stranger than we suppose, but stranger than we can suppose."
        --John Haldane

Comment

Originally posted by spl View Post
          That is one incredible piece of video. I have spent a lot of time in African game reserves having lived there for 36 years but never seen anything quite like that. Frankly I am amazed that they put it on U-tube as I am sure they could have made megabucks if they had sold it instead.

Indeed. It was absolutely spectacular.
          Audrey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn36/

Comment

Not only have I been to Africa, I was at that dam in the last two months. I am one of the fortunate few that live within 30 minutes drive of two of the gates to the Kruger Park and visit as often as I can. I think Saturday may just be an option.

Do you think I should overnight at Skukuza, listening to the Lions and hyaena fighting over the last kill? Maybe at Lower Sabie where I got some amazing pics of monkeys and that bridge just calls to have another pic taken of it.

Or Berg en Dal where I got Simba and the young chewing on a Buffalo carcass two weeks ago?

If anyone would like to arrange a photo safari, call and I will arrange everything from the beds to the meals, budget or five star. I normally go camping.
            Guy McLaren
            http://www.guymclaren.co.za
            Pity about the cheap glass.

Comment

Thank you for sharing that with us Jennifer - you can't help but route for the Buffalo can you.

Jo

Comment

Originally posted by guymclaren View Post
                Not only have I been to Africa, I was at that dam in the last two months. I am one of the fortunate few that live within 30 minutes drive of two of the gates to the Kruger Park and visit as often as I can. I think Saturday may just be an option.

Do you think I should overnight at Skukuza, listening to the Lions and hyaena fighting over the last kill? Maybe at Lower Sabie where I got some amazing pics of monkeys and that bridge just calls to have another pic taken of it.

Or Berg en Dal where I got Simba and the young chewing on a Buffalo carcass two weeks ago?

If anyone would like to arrange a photo safari, call and I will arrange everything from the beds to the meals, budget or five star. I normally go camping.
                When I visited Kruger in my youth it was great and my favourite place was the most northerly spot on the river dividing South Africa from Mozambique (forgotten its name but I am sure you will know) - I just remember this most beautiful dark leafed spreading tree and of course looking at the bits of croc and hippo that peeped out of the mud brown waters.

But I am afraid to say I do not intend going again for the simple reason that malaria has now spread down into that whole area and having already had it once and also being particularly attractive to mozzies (for reasons best known to them) I do not want to expose myself to that again. Its such a pity that the health organisations do not seem to be able to make any headway in eliminating this disease.
                "My own suspicion is that the universe is not only stranger than we suppose, but stranger than we can suppose."
                --John Haldane

Comment

Hey Guy, why don't you go to all 3? Myself, I'd chose Londolozi or Sabi Sands! In the most recent news...from 3 hrs ago....Branson's Sabi Sands & in fact over 50% of Kruger is being beleagured by land settlement claims apparantly!
                  Jocelyn

Comment

Originally posted by guymclaren View Post

Julia's parents are going for a second safari holiday in successive years at the end of this month - I believe in Zambia. I don't know the exact destination, but I can find out.

Ian
                    Founder/editor
                    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
                    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Working...
                    X