• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor
    replied
    Re: Internet of old

Originally posted by Trevor View Post
    Cool beans. I always thought that something like this would end up in a museum or something of the sought.
    I am still sought of surprised that no one has tried to clarify why this isn't in a museum or gallery or something of the sought?

Leave a comment:

• Trevor
    replied

Cool beans. I always thought that something like this would end up in a museum or something of the sought.

Leave a comment:

• Rodbender
    replied

Found some more info that may interest you. Go Here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/1475654.stm

Leave a comment:

• Pol
    replied

Wow, we used to take the kids there, in laws lived in Mildenhall and also had farmland up in Norfolk. All gone now but plenty old snapshots of Bury, where Richard (aka Dickie) took a shine to a little girl about the same age, ie three or four and refused to go home ti grandma's
    No internet in those daya.
    Pol

Leave a comment:

• Garry
    replied

History, Ron.

Part of our history all the same.

Might not be interesting to everyone. But I learned something tonight !

Leave a comment:

• Rodbender
    started a topic Internet of old

Internet of old

This may be of interest to some of you. This bench, which is set in the Abbey Gardens in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, was the worlds first public Internet Hot Spot. It was a gift from MSN to the town in 2001 and it is still there today. Doubt that it still works though.

Working...
X