My Husband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Husband

It is with great sadness that I have to let you know that my darling Roy died on Monday night. He had not been well on and off with a urinary problem for about 2 weeks, and went into hospital last Friday for investigation/treatment. His blood count was low and they gave him 2 packs of blood on Sunday night and he was to have had a gastroscopy on Tuesday morning. I saw him about 7.30pm on Monday night when I took him a little video of his garden with the clematis and azalea flowering. At 10.30 pm the hospital rang me to say that he was very, very poorly and had had a massive heart attach. He died at about 11.30. All our 4 children were there.

He was on top of the shed 3 weeks ago repairing the roof with felting etc. I thought we had a good few more years together, but it wasn't to be. Just glad he did not suffer too long. He was 84.

God Bless.
    Audrey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn36/

Re: My Husband

I'm so very sorry, Audrey. I know how Roy was very much your other half and you were together for many, many happy years. It's a huge wrench, a very difficult time for you and for the whole family.

I'm very much with you in spirit and will be thinking of you
    as you try come to terms with this very sad change in your family life

Much love
    Pol
    xx

Comment

So sorry to read this sad news. Pol has said all I could say.
      Ron.
      Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

Comment

Very sorry to hear your sad news.
        If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.
        GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

Thanks you all. We've been together since I was 15 and he 18. I am now 81 and he was 84. As you say he was my other half and as we got older it was a case of even more teamwork.

I miss him so much but have my wonderful family to support me.
          Audrey

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Comment

Audrey, sorry to hear of your sad loss and so glad to hear that you have your family around you.
              http://carolannphotos.com

Comment

Sad news, indeed, though I am late to it. No one told me about this time of life when we see so many of our family, friends and acquaintances.....quit the games and go home....
                I was up on the roof today checking repair to raccoon damage. Bob

Comment

Thanks so much Bob. He was a slim man and very keen gardener. He should be here now to Summer prune the apple tree . He liked to get stuck into projects and the seasons suited him as there was always something new to look forward to do. He was also a good artist so I have a lot of his paintings as wonderful memories-watercolours and acrylic.

I am lucky that he was active to the end. I don't think he would have been a very good long term patient.
                  Audrey

Comment

Hi Audrey, I just want to add my voice to the chorus of sympathy and love that has come from fellow forum members. Mine is rather late, for which I can only apologise as I have been away from the forum and for periods, from the site, because of my own challenges in the last year (both my wife's parents died 7 months apart).

I'm back now and just about to embark on further modification of the site as part of a journey to get the site back to normality and vibrancy.

I didn't know Roy, but he sounds like he was a lovely man. I'm sure you have many photographs to help you to remember him.

Ian
                    Founder/editor
                    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
                    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Ian. A sad time for you and Julia also.

Losing your life time's partner can never be easy when you have done everything together - holidays,outings etc.

We both belonged to the Art Society (a weekly group)'the Worksop Photographic Society and the Worksop U3A which has between thirty and forty interest groups.

I have started to attend again and everyone has made me so welcome.

One of the biggest things is that both people should keep driving, otherwise you are so dependent on others for what you can do.

it's never going to be the same,but with the help and support of people I haven't ever met i.e. this forum, it's massively helpful.

Thanks again.
                      Audrey

Comment

Working...
                      X