in hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: in hospital

Audrey that is fantastic news. Glad everything has worked out ok for you. Us old folk need a bit of TLC now and again. Hope to see a bit more of you here now that your back on your feet.
    Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

Comment

THANKS SHOPPY!

leevan, got your email but connection bombed before I could respond. pic stored in folder on kindle, which now refuses to open. Good news id TV is now coming and going, which means someone is trying to fix it.

Wish I had laptop but at least ast I have the phone, an amaxon fire phone.

Aydrey, a friend brings me boxes of kipling cakes, Richard brings me yoghurts ... ward friege availabke but can't walk that far so depend on nurses, who bring me the yoghurts which are usyally lwarm by the time they get it to me! cakes in bag by my bed, clinging onto thise for dear life as the tea trolley doesn't have cake,

Dickie, thank Allyson profusely for the cakes next time you see her. Best wishes to Hilda too, hooe she's feeling better.

SHO promises to let ne kniw immediately cottage bed available, she's checking with liaison team every day for me.

Thanks everybidy, your suport is invaluable, very grateful

Pol
      xx

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
        WOW you're developed ing brilliantly! FANTASTIC news from young ur surgeon too! I like the idea of marking off the cirrudir in that way. ATM the bestbI can managevis from my bdoor tob the vfirst corner of that corridor clutchin a zimmer. Still can' manage with just the trekking pole. my last injury put paid to tge treks on the Romney Marshes. Dunno uf It'll be pissible to get my driving license going again either. my clapped out Micra gas gine though stillnin use=as a courtesy car at the garage that bought it.

I siteoy miss the campervan but had to let it go when David died as I was always too tiny to manage it properly, never drove it on main roads, too tiny .... just 4'11" tall and only 35.5 kg at the moment was 55 before David died.

Keep it up, Audrey ... proud of you, you're inspirational.

love
        pols
        xx

Dunno uf It'll be pissible to get my driving license going again either.

Probably not if you are in that state.
        Audrey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn36/

Comment

. LMAO, I'll be sure to wear my specs and also carry some Travel Johns in the glove compartment. )

Pol

Comment

. LMAO, I'll be sure to wear my specs and also carry some Travel Johns in the glove compartment. )

Pol
            Well you learn something new every day. I had to look up Travel Johns! Never heard of them before. Mind you with all the traffic on the way to Dover last year and people being on the side of the road for hours, I am sure they would come in handy.
            Audrey

Comment

they're very good. Ideal for kids too

pol

Comment

Originally posted by Autumn View Post
                Well you learn something new every day. I had to look up Travel Johns! Never heard of them before. Mind you with all the traffic on the way to Dover last year and people being on the side of the road for hours, I am sure they would come in handy.
                Try the A259 another time. Thise motorways are a nightmare, detour and take a scenic route. A259 via Camber, Romney, Dymchurci, Folkestone is lovely.

Pol,

Comment

Try the A259 another time. Thise motorways are a nightmare, detour and take a scenic route. A259 via Camber, Romney, Dymchurci, Folkestone is lovely.

Pol,
                  That's a long coastal road, Pol

It is 118.5miles long and runs from Chichester in west Sussex through to Folkestone, Kent. I know the road well, as I live only a few yards from it in West Sussex and my family live in Kent

Comment

Originally posted by Garry View Post
                    That's a long coastal road, Pol

It is 118.5miles long and runs from Chichester in west Sussex through to Folkestone, Kent. I know the road well, as I live only a few yards from it in West Sussex and my family live in Kent
                    I fear I might never travel the distance again if they don't renew my license. wouldn't be the same without David and the campervan though.We always went that way to the West Country too.

I miss the marshes ,the treks with a walkie talkie so we knew where the other was. A friend had a farm with a huge lake .... all sold now.

Ne more Gilbert's Lake, no more Gilbert either.

Pol

Comment

must be more positive. I can get a scooter like Shoppy. I might even get on the news ... dotty old biddy seen creating chaos at Arundel.

pol

Comment

Originally posted by Rodbender View Post
                        Audrey that is fantastic news. Glad everything has worked out ok for you. Us old folk need a bit of TLC now and again. Hope to see a bit more of you here now that your back on your feet.

Thanks Ron. Yes my husband Roy has been fantastic and he is so relieved. We both need to look after each other.

I will try to be around more, but I can't do with too much stress.

I used to enter the photo competitions and if I won I got worried in case I forgot to judge it. But I'm sure I would get over it!
                        Audrey

Comment

Hi Autumn.

Did we know each other in the old talktalk forums ?

I am pretty sure we did.

I was Smokey there .

Comment

must be more positive. I can get a scooter like Shoppy. I might even get on the news ... dotty old biddy seen creating chaos at Arundel.

pol
                            You know Arundel then ? Lovely picturesque little village with the castle and river.
                            We spend a lot of time there.

Comment

Originally posted by Autumn View Post
                              Thanks Ron. Yes my husband Roy has been fantastic and he is so relieved. We both need to look after each other.

I will try to be around more, but I can't do with too much stress.

I used to enter the photo competitions and if I won I got worried in case I forgot to judge it. But I'm sure I would get over it!
                              Just be here so we know you're alright. Do what you can without stress. I'm supposed to moderate and look after things but just can't do much atm so I do what I can and hope it helps.

Ian and Julia have all sorts of heavy, stressful stuff to deal eith too at the moment, must also be overwhelmed ... but coping as best they can. The most important thing is we're here for each other, supporting each other.

It's been a terrible 12 months for quite a few of us but we're still here, still surviving, a true community.

Stay well, stay strong and keep snapping as and when you're able. I hang on in there in loving memory of Stephen too, as I'm sure you do too.

Pol

Comment

Originally posted by Garry View Post
                                Hi Autumn.

Did we know each other in the old talktalk forums ?

I am pretty sure we did.

I was Smokey there .
                                I am not sure I remember Smokey, I have been on this forum since Ian started it and Stephen Anstey helped him, I believe. We came from another forum, but I can't remember it's name (I don't think it was talktalk). Was it Onetel? We seemed to migrate from there to here.

There was also another forum called Karl's forum. He sadly died. At that time I imaged people who ran forums did it solely, but he I think was a builder or similar and fell off a roof. He was very helpful and died young. I think his wife continued with it.

I remember Paul (Levan). He was there also and of course Pol and Stephen (who is also not with us any more).
                                Audrey

Comment

Working...
                                X