• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: in hospital

Originally posted by Pol View Post
    walked. 22 metres yesterday with help from physiotherapist

pol
    Well done Pol. That's the length of a cricket pitch. I bet you were bowled over. Told you, you would soon be on the mend. I'll keep eating the grapes for you, they seem to be doing you some good. Are you a swimmer? If so ask if they can get you some therapy in the baths. Pure exercise without having to support the weight of you body.
    Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodbender View Post
      Well done Pol. That's the length of a cricket pitch. I bet you were bowled over. Told you, you would soon be on the mend. I'll keep eating the grapes for you, they seem to be doing you some good. Are you a swimmer? If so ask if they can get you some therapy in the baths. Pure exercise without having to support the weight of you body.
      can't swim. Walk was 22 metres total, 11 there and 11 back along ward corrudor.

A slice of Cantaloupe melon woukd be nice if you can manage it after all those grapes.

Yeo valley yoghurt us good too, have a few in ward fridge thanjs to Richard. He's a good lad is Richard. Hooe he might sign up here so he can keep you posted. He also works alongside superb photographer (Justin).

pol

Comment

Richard, if you join up here, maybe Justin would also be interested? Dunno if he does forums but this one might appeal to him. populated by photojournalists, journos and technical writers as well as hobbyists, keen photograpgers etc too.

Go on, ask him to have a look/see.

pol (mum)
        xx

Comment

It's good to see that you are getting involved more, and keeping us posted on your progress, Pol.

It seems to me that you have perked up a lot.

Good to hear from you again.

Comment

slightly less drugged, cut down o antihistamines for hay fever. hospital is in middle of forest, tree pollen a nightmare but now managing on smaller dose so less drowsy.

still no bed available at cottage. Hope there'll be one soon .... they're rare as hen's teeth so I'm lucky to he on the list at all. could be Sevenoaks, Tonbridge, Edenbridge or Hawkhurtst ... don't mind which, they're all good.

pol

Comment

Glad to hear that you're feeling a little better, and hopefully they'll soon find you a bed.
              http://carolannphotos.com

Comment

Originally posted by Caz View Post
                Glad to hear that you're feeling a little better, and hopefully they'll soon find you a bed.
                longing to escape from acute hospital ward. fed up with being sat on a chair and left there for 19-12 hours with errativ tv reception, weak internet signal too. Almost forgotten what normal life feels like.
                ain't git me specs either.

Pol

Comment

Crikey, you were awake early, Pol !

Hope you have a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by Garry View Post
                    Crikey, you were awake early, Pol !

Hope you have a good day.
                    I get dragged outa bed at 5.00 am. A good day would be the day I escape from here. Failing that, a dayv without a tirture session sith the physio woukd score highly. )

Still waiting for breakfast too. Eating Kipling mini Battenburgs in desperation.

pol

Comment

I sent shoppy some snapshots from my Fire phone. Can't optimise them but shoppy might be able to do something with one of them so you can see my room and perhaps a snap of the ward corridor.
                      All are single rooms with en suite ... it's a new,modern building. that was built alongside the old buildings.

pol

Comment

Audrey, hope you're doing alright and continue to recover. It seems like decades ago we furst chatted in pekkas place ..... it WAS decades ago. iI had just started drawing my pension and felt ancient - then you told me you'd been drawing yours for eight years. We're still eight years apart ... just both a wee bit older, eh.

I haven't forgotten about you, thinking of you very often. Stay well.

Lotsaluv
                        Pol
                        xx

Comment

So please things are improving for you. You really seem to have perked up since your first communication.

When I was in hospital the corridor was marked off in 10 metre blocks, so if you walked all the way round you had walked 40 metres. We were given diaries to record our progress.

I saw my surgeon yesterday and he told me that I was clear of the cancer following the colon op. I do not need chemo and he has discharged me. Yippee! I think I have lost 5 months, (and 20 lbs) so now I've joined a gentle gym and am trying to get fit. I'ts very good, as the machines are electrically operated and work different parts of your body with or without effort, you just programme it in.

I hope it wont be too long before you get a space in the cottage hospital.

Looking at my diary I wrote down that I had eaten melon, blueberries, grapes and celery (with a sandwich). There was a patient's frig in the kitchen and we were given labels with our names on to stick on our containers. Do you have a friend to bring in nice things for you?

I hope you continue to make good progress.
                          Audrey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn36/

Comment

We are obviously thinking of each other at the same time. Yes, I am 81 in May. We have a lot of memories.
                            Audrey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn36/

Comment

Originally posted by Autumn View Post
                              So please things are improving for you. You really seem to have perked up since your first communication.

When I was in hospital the corridor was marked off in 10 metre blocks, so if you walked all the way round you had walked 40 metres. We were given diaries to record our progress.

I saw my surgeon yesterday and he told me that I was clear of the cancer following the colon op. I do not need chemo and he has discharged me. Yippee! I think I have lost 5 months, (and 20 lbs) so now I've joined a gentle gym and am trying to get fit. I'ts very good, as the machines are electrically operated and work different parts of your body with or without effort, you just programme it in.

I hope it wont be too long before you get a space in the cottage hospital.

Looking at my diary I wrote down that I had eaten melon, blueberries, grapes and celery (with a sandwich). There was a patient's frig in the kitchen and we were given labels with our names on to stick on our containers. Do you have a friend to bring in nice things for you?

I hope you continue to make good progress.
                              WOW you're developed ing brilliantly! FANTASTIC news from young ur surgeon too! I like the idea of marking off the cirrudir in that way. ATM the bestbI can managevis from my bdoor tob the vfirst corner of that corridor clutchin a zimmer. Still can' manage with just the trekking pole. my last injury put paid to tge treks on the Romney Marshes. Dunno uf It'll be pissible to get my driving license going again either. my clapped out Micra gas gine though stillnin use=as a courtesy car at the garage that bought it.

I siteoy miss the campervan but had to let it go when David died as I was always too tiny to manage it properly, never drove it on main roads, too tiny .... just 4'11" tall and only 35.5 kg at the moment was 55 before David died.

Keep it up, Audrey ... proud of you, you're inspirational.

love
                              pols
                              xx

Comment

Posting these images for Pol with her captions.

Television signal bombed again today... No channels available. Amusing myself takin pics with phone and eating cakes.

My room, what I'm stuck with all day today!

The view from my room, room itself bank white walls, erratic t.v. signal
                                Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

Comment

Working...
                                X