Fed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fed up

Anyone else struggling with this cold weather? Tell me I'm not the only lame old crock.

I'm hobbling around with a frame now, don't want any more injuries, thanks!

Pol ... (depending on Kindle)

Re: Fed up

Well, the weather isn't helping my arthritis!
    Stephen

Just take it easy. There's always tomorrow. And if tomorrow doesn't come, you won't have wasted any effort on it.

My Flickr site

Comment

Cheer up Pol, summer is just around the corner. It's all in the frame of mind. Get that FZ200 out of the cupboard and start taking some of those indoor shots of those joss sticks etc. Come on there's life in that old dog yet.
      Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
        Well, the weather isn't helping my arthritis!
        Ouch, that's horrible for you.

I keep pulling or straining muscles, joints etc. My husband isn't much better but managing better than me.

I hate having to depend on him. Wish it would warm up properly.

Pol (from the bed)

Comment

Originally posted by Rodbender View Post
          Cheer up Pol, summer is just around the corner. It's all in the frame of mind. Get that FZ200 out of the cupboard and start taking some of those indoor shots of those joss sticks etc. Come on there's life in that old dog yet.
          I wish - I struggle to get to the bathroom, let alone manage other tasks.

Pol

Comment

Let's hope that you improve when the weather improves. I think it's a time of year when a lot of people feel down (Seasonal Affective Disorder) but you certainly have greater reason than most for being fed up.
            John Perriment

A photograph is more than a record of what you see - it's a window to your soul

Comment

Originally posted by John Perriment View Post
              Let's hope that you improve when the weather improves. I think it's a time of year when a lot of people feel down (Seasonal Affective Disorder) but you certainly have greater reason than most for being fed up.

Thanks.

I'm not depressed generally, just very frustrated and cheesed off by the limitations due to my various injuries. Fed up that I can't even sit outside as its
              too cold and wet.

Can't manage to do housework, cooking etc. I did the latest injuries to wrist and ankle changing wretched beds and duvets ... silly me.

Pol

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                Thanks.

I did the latest injuries to wrist and ankle changing wretched beds and duvets ... silly me.

Pol
                Time to get home help in once a week for the heavy jobs? You certainly don't want this to happen again!
                John Perriment

A photograph is more than a record of what you see - it's a window to your soul

Comment

Originally posted by John Perriment View Post
                  Time to get home help in once a week for the heavy jobs? You certainly don't want this to happen again!
                  Certainly something to think about for the future. I wouldn't want to deprive David of the pleasure of vacuum cleaners and hanging out washing just yet though ... it keeps him fit, innit.

Pol

Comment

Almost hate to tell you that we are having a mild winter and a warm spell at that with high 70sF-degrees. I actually mowed the weeds yesterday. The weather here in south Texas has been a roller coaster of cold spells/warm spells and changing pressure. The changes do affect Ms Sharon's new shoulder .... yes, she finally got it done last Nov. Her motion range is increasing daily and the arthritic pain is all gone.
                    So, take care. We have passed the midpoint of this winter and it is all warm up for here on....
                    Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Ross View Post
                      Almost hate to tell you that we are having a mild winter and a warm spell at that with high 70sF-degrees. I actually mowed the weeds yesterday. The weather here in south Texas has been a roller coaster of cold spells/warm spells and changing pressure. The changes do affect Ms Sharon's new shoulder .... yes, she finally got it done last Nov. Her motion range is increasing daily and the arthritic pain is all gone.
                      So, take care. We have passed the midpoint of this winter and it is all warm up for here on....
                      Bob
                      I'm envious of your mild spell, it's been no higher than 5C for More than 6 or 7 weeks now and below zero every night. Below is a link to our local forecast, though it's never accurate. The real feel is usually closer ... and the north winds have been bitterly cold and wild.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/w...cast/u104yh627

That's brilliant news about Sharon's shoulder. I'm delighted they finally fixed it for her and to hear she's recovering well. Great news indeed.

I'm weary but trying not to collect any more injuries.

You take care too and love and best wishes to you and your family.

Pol

Comment

This winter isn't actually particularly cold but we did have a very mild winter last year and certainly looking at our gas consumption figures the heating has been on almost twice as much as in 2013/2014.

Ian
                        Founder/editor
                        Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
                        Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                        Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                        Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Strangely enough this grey weather gets me out more, I get depressed looking out at it but my mood lightens when me and Martha (the dog) are out roaming the country lanes - makes the gluhwein taste even better, although all that Martha gets is a chew stick to re-warm her.

David

Canon 7DII, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, Sigma 18-300mm, Sigma 8-16mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551479 BC)

Comment

Yeah it's finally starting to feel slightly warmer. With a bit of luck I might be able to get into shoes again soon and at least hobble around the garden. Just to get outdoors would be a luxury.

Ian, don't forget you've been working from home more this winter. That would make a difference to your heating usage. You don't wanna know about ours ... y'know what we're like.

Pol

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                              Yeah it's finally starting to feel slightly warmer. With a bit of luck I might be able to get into shoes again soon and at least hobble around the garden. Just to get outdoors would be a luxury.

Ian, don't forget you've been working from home more this winter. That would make a difference to your heating usage. You don't wanna know about ours ... y'know what we're like.

Pol
                              Actually not Being made of stern stuff, and having the kettle to hand, I have resisted the temptation to switch the heating on during the day; honest! (Actually, I am not joking).

Ian
                              Founder/editor
                              Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
                              Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                              Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                              Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Working...
                              X