Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My latest discovery.

Originally posted by Pol View Post
    I'll see if I can find a copy and, if so, I'll post it.

Pol
    I found a small digital copy of the photo. Here I am, or was, back in 1968/69.

Happy days.

Pol

Comment

I still have that piccy. Its on the ex h/d somewhere
      -------------------------

Comment

Oh, that is a great shot, Pol! 'round that time I was into John Denver and Gordon Lightfoot stuff, being "just married" for the first time.
        Somewhere I have a selfie with guitar from around '62. I was the kid with the camera and didn't get into many shots. If I find it , I'll have to get Ian to open me up to post attachments.
        Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Ross View Post
          Oh, that is a great shot, Pol! 'round that time I was into John Denver and Gordon Lightfoot stuff, being "just married" for the first time.
          Somewhere I have a selfie with guitar from around '62. I was the kid with the camera and didn't get into many shots. If I find it , I'll have to get Ian to open me up to post attachments.
          Bob
          My photos were shot by a PJ who took them for fun and a possible article (he was a personal friend). I was playing regional folk songs for a regional channel at the time. Julian Bream and Segovia were my real heroes and I longed to be able to play the likes of Leyenda and Recuerdos de la Alhambra. Well I could dream, couldn't I - it was the 60s!

I'm not sure attachments are possible now. Maybe you could upload your picture to your gallery? Quality doesn't matter, I'd just love to see it if you can find it and do a scan.

Pol

Comment

Hi Pol,
            The one that I found is a selfie from 1964 San Francisco, just before I moved to Hawaii. It is in my gallery, so let's see if I can get it to show here. Selfies in 1964 had a way to go....
            Bob
            Last edited by Bob Ross; 14-09-14, 09:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Hi Pol,
              Thanks for the tip on the posting of pictures. Your guitar hereoes are amongst mine, too. When I was in Hawaii I heard Slack Key live, but in those days it was a family kept secret thing. Now it is opened up by the internet and new heroes can be seen on YouTube. Check out Jeff Peterson and Keola Beamer for some samples. The guitar in my picture is a Swedish made Espana. They were later made in Finland and now in China, of course My newest back up guitar was born in Mexico on 11 June 2014. The previous back up guitar went to Amber, it was made in Korea, but it had Martin string on it ..
              Bob

Comment

Hi Pol,
                The one that I found is a selfie from 1964 San Francisco, just before I moved to Hawaii. It is in my gallery, so let's see if I can get it to show here. Selfies in 1964 had a way to go....
                Bob
                Wow, that's a brilliant selfie, especially considering it's from film. Perfect framing and pose nd none of the advantages of taking several shots, chimping and binning until you get exactly what you want.

I only had Instamatics in those days and had to scrape the pennies together to buy film and have it developed.

The guitar in my own picci is a Harald Petersen B concert guitar. I never did get to play even remotely like Julian Bream.

Pol

Comment

Hi Pol,
                  Thanks for the tip on the posting of pictures. Your guitar hereoes are amongst mine, too. When I was in Hawaii I heard Slack Key live, but in those days it was a family kept secret thing. Now it is opened up by the internet and new heroes can be seen on YouTube. Check out Jeff Peterson and Keola Beamer for some samples. The guitar in my picture is a Swedish made Espana. They were later made in Finland and now in China, of course My newest back up guitar was born in Mexico on 11 June 2014. The previous back up guitar went to Amber, it was made in Korea, but it had Martin string on it ..
                  Bob
                  I'll have a look at those two on Youtube, thanks. It's good that things are so much more open and accepted, by the previously prejudiced, since the Internet took off and opened eyes, ears and minds.

Pol

Comment

Thanks Pol. The behind the scenes for that piccie are fun, too. The camera was a Contax II rangefinder with a 50mm f.2.8 with a min focus distance of 1 meter and I had repaired the shutter about a month earlier. Tri-X developed at home and enlarged with a home made enlarger with an Exa 50m camera lens in the kitchen. The print is 4" X 2.5". It certainly was the '60s Bob

Comment

Thanks Pol. The behind the scenes for that piccie are fun, too. The camera was a Contax II rangefinder with a 50mm f.2.8 with a min focus distance of 1 meter and I had repaired the shutter about a month earlier. Tri-X developed at home and enlarged with a home made enlarger with an Exa 50m camera lens in the kitchen. The print is 4" X 2.5". It certainly was the '60s Bob
                      Memories, I think we all enjoyed our hobby when we were more hands on and having to improvise. These really were the good old days.
                      Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

Comment

Good old days, yes but, now we have face detection and electronic guitar tunners......

Comment

Good old days, yes but, now we have face detection and electronic guitar tunners......
                          Yeah and wrinkly faces, stiff muscles and limpy legs to go with them.

Pol

Comment

Too true my friend and that is not to mention the fun you go through to get a part replaced. Ms Sharon is involved in the drama of shoulder replacement.
                            Bob

Comment

Too true my friend and that is not to mention the fun you go through to get a part replaced. Ms Sharon is involved in the drama of shoulder replacement.
                              Bob
                              Ouch! That sounds painful.

My very best wishes for a full and uneventful recovery.

Pol

Comment

Thanks, if it ever happens. The drama is like "We know this will work for you but we can't do it without another test and another expert looks at your 77 year old body" ....
                                Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X