My wish list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wish list

Just in case Santa Claus is looking in here ...

I'd like a Leica M8 with a Leica Elmarit 28mm f2.8 ASPH (6-Bit) and a UV filter.

I'd be satisfied with a pre-loved camera body in excellent condition though I'd really, really like a brand new lens and filter. I know I'm gonna be disappointed, well maybe this year anyway.

What is anyone else hoping they might find in their Xmas stocking?

Pol

Re: My wish list

I'd just be happy to have a week go by without a new bill arriving or an unexpected expense occuring.

If I'm going to be a little more ambitious I could wish for an Olympus XZ-2 compact or really push the boat out and hope for an Olympus 12-40mm f2.8 for my E-M5 but that's entering the realms of pure fantasy - might as well wish for a hot and steamy date with Kim Kardashian!
    John Perriment

A photograph is more than a record of what you see - it's a window to your soul

Comment

Originally posted by John Perriment View Post
      I'd just be happy to have a week go by without a new bill arriving or an unexpected expense occuring.

If I'm going to be a little more ambitious I could wish for an Olympus XZ-2 compact or really push the boat out and hope for an Olympus 12-40mm f2.8 for my E-M5 but that's entering the realms of pure fantasy - might as well wish for a hot and steamy date with Kim Kardashian!

It's Christmas, John - the silly season, the time for fantasies and greed. Santa's magic with a huge sack so ask him for everything and tell him you won't believe in him anymore if he doesn't bring what you want.

I'm thinking of asking him for a new vehicle for myself too. Something like a Landrover Discovery with a personal chauffeur and another nice young man to carry my kit (and maybe me too) if and when we trek across marshes and muddy, uneven countryside.

I may as well shove a Noctilux f1 onto my list too.

Pol

Comment

Canon 7D along with the 600mm L series lens

Fantasy indeed
        -------------------------

Comment

OK, please tell me what it is about an M8 and your choice of Leica lens that you hope to enjoy? Is it the camera or the images it would produce (maybe both?).

Ian
          Founder/editor
          Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
          Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
          Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
          Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Originally posted by Pops View Post
            Canon 7D along with the 600mm L series lens

Fantasy indeed
            And an account at the local gym?

Ian
            Founder/editor

Comment

The XZ-2 I can fully understand, the 12-40 is a dream and well worth wishing for.

I could understand it if you went for "Seven-of Nine", but this is simply incomprehensible...

Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
                The XZ-2 I can fully understand, the 12-40 is a dream and well worth wishing for.

I could understand it if you went for "Seven-of Nine", but this is simply incomprehensible...

Oh well, it takes all tastes.........

Knowing my luck the Christmas Fairy would get the spelling wrong!
                John Perriment

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
                  OK, please tell me what it is about an M8 and your choice of Leica lens that you hope to enjoy? Is it the camera or the images it would produce (maybe both?).

Ian
                  I'd hope to enjoy both the camera and the images. Most of all I'd enjoy the challenge of learning to use it, never having used a rangefinder before. The choice of lens is because it's lightweight and an ideal general purpose lens which is reasonably priced for starting out and learning to use the camera.

What I'd eventually hope to achieve would be the sort of artistic imagery similar to the sort of thing JW did with his Noctilux f1 ... but that's way out of my reach, just another dream.

I'm already a Leica owner of course. I have a tiddly C-Lux 2 complete with Leica leather case.

Pol

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                    I'm already a Leica owner of course. I have a tiddly C-Lux 2 complete with Leica leather case.
                    Pol
                    I've got a Leica EVF, but my one has Olympus written on it.

I'm going to wish for a pair of gloves that will allow me to still use the camera or a big super-light weight housing that allows me to operate the tiny controls with gloves that keep my hands warm...

When are they going to introduce voice operated commands into cameras.
                    Graham

Comment

I'm with you on that; just imagine the fun of walking past a group of paparazzi hasseling some celebrity and shouting "FORMAT!"
                      John Perriment

Comment

I'm with you on that; just imagine the fun of walking past a group of paparazzi hasseling some celebrity and shouting "FORMAT!"
                        Brilliant, go for it Graham and John.

Just be sure you can duck, dive and run very fast otherwise you might be beaten to a pulp by several heavy white lenses, a couple of ladders and half a dozen heavy tripods.

Pol

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                          Just in case Santa Claus is looking in here ...

I'd like a Leica M8 with a Leica Elmarit 28mm f2.8 ASPH (6-Bit) and a UV filter.

I'd be satisfied with a pre-loved camera body in excellent condition though I'd really, really like a brand new lens and filter. I know I'm gonna be disappointed, well maybe this year anyway.

What is anyone else hoping they might find in their Xmas stocking?

Pol
                          I'd like a wad of notes in exchange for my M8 and 28mm Zeiss ZM and UV/IR filter!

Can't afford the replacement though.

Comment

Originally posted by mike_j View Post
                            I'd like a wad of notes in exchange for my M8 and 28mm Zeiss ZM and UV/IR filter!

Can't afford the replacement though.
                            Hang onto it and ask Santa for whatever you want to replace it with.

I always liked your Burghley Snow picci

I also liked the original of the punts HERE

There's also a nice one with the river mist.

Pol
                            Last edited by Pol; 17-12-13, 02:56 PM.

Comment

I've got a Leica EVF, but my one has Olympus written on it.

I'm going to wish for a pair of gloves that will allow me to still use the camera or a big super-light weight housing that allows me to operate the tiny controls with gloves that keep my hands warm...

It's already here - like the Samsung Galaxy Camera, for example (an Android phone with a conventional compact camera zoom lens); you can verbally order it to zoom in and out and shoot

Ian
                              Founder/editor

Comment

Working...
                              X