Forgot login password of my HP laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot login password of my HP laptop

I used to backup my photos on an used HP laptop, which is with Windows 7. Unfortunately, I can't remember the login password because it was nerve used in past two months. Is there any way to get back to the system without reinstallation?

Re: Forgot login password of my HP laptop

If you are using Windows 10 it's probably the password to your Windows Live, Hotmail, MSN or Outlook.com account.

ian
    Founder/editor
    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
      If you are using Windows 10 it's probably the password to your Windows Live, Hotmail, MSN or Outlook.com account.

ian
      Thanks, Ian. I didn't upgrade the computer to Windows 10 and I never signed in with Microsoft account.

Comment

That's the only suggestion I have, unfortunately.

Ian
        Founder/editor

Comment

There are many free password readers on the net that can be downloaded to a bootable USB stick. Try doing that on another computer and then plug it into the problem computer before start up. Hold down F8 on start up and you should get option to boot from USB stick. If that works you will be able to read all passwords on the problem laptop. Hope this is of some help.
          Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodbender View Post
            There are many free password readers on the net that can be downloaded to a bootable USB stick. Try doing that on another computer and then plug it into the problem computer before start up. Hold down F8 on start up and you should get option to boot from USB stick. If that works you will be able to read all passwords on the problem laptop. Hope this is of some help.
            Interesting. I know there are lots of licence key revealers but I didn't know about similar utilities for passwords.

Ian
            Founder/editor

Comment

When did a search on Google and there are so many options out there. Tried NT Password but scared by the command prompts. Then switched to Ophcrack, got an error , saying table not found.

Comment

Try this one.

http://www.magic-rescue-cd.com/sub-r....html#Tutorial
                Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I already got it solved 3 days ago with this:
                  http://www.uukeys.com/reset-hp-laptop-password.html

Forgot to post in here. sorry.

P.S. Just did a test with the program and it works well on my computer.

Comment

Working...
                  X