E-M5 and Pentax SMC 500mm f4.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-M5 and Pentax SMC 500mm f4.5

Flushed with excellent results from using the Canon EF400mm f5.6 with the E-M5 and rediscovering the delights (and accuracy) of MF after years of AF, I happened upon a Pentax SMC 500mm f4.5 in ace nick converted to Canon EF fitting. This is quite a beast as can be seen from these shots, and weighs in at 3.5kg:

However it came at a good price and has the advantage that it has a manual diaphragm so it should perform OK for fairly static subjects, it's also a good bit brighter than the Canon. Reviews say that it is a good performer but suffers quite a bit from CA. Being stuck indoors since receiving it last night all I have managed to take is some images through a rain-soaked window so I am looking forward to some better weather for a true assessment, but here is a couple, medium cropping:

Pretty acceptable for a 20 year old lens methinks.

David

Canon 7DII, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, Sigma 18-300mm, Sigma 8-16mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551479 BC)
Working...
X