Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympus wide angle zoom 9-18mm

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Olympus wide angle zoom 9-18mm

    Hi friends,
    I have found recent images of this new Olympus wide angle zoom lens (9-18mm) in the following address (http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?p=51768)
    Does any body have some info about this new lens

  • #2
    Re: Olympus wide angle zoom 9-18mm

    Originally posted by Horacio View Post
    Hi friends,
    I have found recent images of this new Olympus wide angle zoom lens (9-18mm) in the following address (http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?p=51768)
    Does any body have some info about this new lens
    Hi Horacio, I have this lens at the moment. I was also able to post some sample images taken at Photokina on the Olympus booth:

    http://fourthirds-user.com/2008/09/p...ge_samples.php

    Let me know what you need to know.

    I will soon post some back to back comparisons with the 7-14.

    Ian
    Founder/editor
    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Olympus wide angle zoom 9-18mm

      Thank you Ian. I have seen your Photokina pictures and liked them.
      I just asked for it and will come to me in 3 to four weeks
      It will be interesting to know the results from your comparison with the 7-14mm, which obviously, is a prime lens
      As soon as I can use it I will post pictures
      Regards. Horacio.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Olympus wide angle zoom 9-18mm

        Originally posted by Horacio View Post
        Thank you Ian. I have seen your Photokina pictures and liked them.
        I just asked for it and will come to me in 3 to four weeks
        It will be interesting to know the results from your comparison with the 7-14mm, which obviously, is a prime lens
        As soon as I can use it I will post pictures
        Regards. Horacio.
        That's a zoom Horacio
        Stephen

        sigpic

        Check out my BLOG too


        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Olympus wide angle zoom 9-18mm

          Originally posted by Stephen View Post
          That's a zoom Horacio
          I think he well knows that, Stephen

          The meaning to me ('prime') is - top quality. Like the beef, as they say in the US of A.

          Ian
          Founder/editor
          Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
          Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
          Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
          Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Olympus wide angle zoom 9-18mm

            If you want to talk about beef, I will send you a picture of the kind of beef we use to eat alone or mixed with many other things in our barbacoas ("asados criollos").
            If you come to this part of the world, I will be glad to join you...Horacio

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Olympus wide angle zoom 9-18mm

              Originally posted by Horacio View Post
              If you want to talk about beef, I will send you a picture of the kind of beef we use to eat alone or mixed with many other things in our barbacoas ("asados criollos").
              If you come to this part of the world, I will be glad to join you...Horacio
              Ah, Horacio - I will take you up on your offer one day - I hope!

              The nearest I have been to South America is Mexico - and only just across the border from California for the day!

              I have heard a lot of mouth-watering things about South American food

              Ian
              Founder/editor
              Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
              Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
              Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
              Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Olympus wide angle zoom 9-18mm

                I will start sending pictures of some appetizers As you might know, I lived for one year in London in 1970...we can exchange meals...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Olympus wide angle zoom 9-18mm

                  Originally posted by Horacio View Post
                  I will start sending pictures of some appetizers As you might know, I lived for one year in London in 1970...we can exchange meals...
                  Oh dear, I can't think your memory of British food was very good back in 1970

                  But it has improve a lot since then!

                  Ian
                  Founder/editor
                  Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
                  Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                  Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                  Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Olympus wide angle zoom 9-18mm

                    I hope so because I plan to go back in next january (40 years marriage)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Olympus wide angle zoom 9-18mm

                      Well, after this brief talk, I will, hopefully, end my day having a 9 x 18" wide angle beef

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Olympus wide angle zoom 9-18mm

                        Originally posted by Horacio View Post
                        I hope so because I plan to go back in next january (40 years marriage)
                        In that case, if you have time and I am around (I will be in Thailand for one week from the 19th January), I would be delighted to take you to dinner!

                        Ian
                        Founder/editor
                        Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
                        Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                        Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                        Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Olympus wide angle zoom 9-18mm

                          Oh Ian, thank you very much I will keep in touch when the time comes on. Looking forward Horacio

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X