No announcement yet.

Pro quality from a smartphone?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro quality from a smartphone?

This guy used a Huawei P30 Pro smartphone (which I currently use), shooting stills in RAW mode and created some very impressive mountain landscape time-lapse motion panoramas. It's a long video but well worth sticking with but if time is limited the last quarter is the best bit:
    Last edited by Ian; 1 week ago.
    Founder/editor
    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

He certainly made great use of his time - interesting video - some terrific photography and videos - if only I was younger and I used a smartphone (which I don't) I could well copy in his footsteps.
    You need to watch it through to see how his setup grows.

Really enjoyable - thanks for the link.

B

Comment

Very interesting and enjoyable. Fabulous landscape. Super camera, and he knows how to use it.

Comment

Very impressive. The Huwei isn't sold in the states but I'm looking into upgrading my iPhone X to the iPhone 11. I'm trying to use Cyberlink PowerDirector to create a pan effect for a time lapse I shot but I'm having no luck.
        If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.
        GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

Figured it out! No tutorials on this so it took quite awhile. Maybe I'd better write down the technique

GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

Nice time lapse, Pat. Never tried it myself. May well be advisable to write the method down as you say.

Comment

Originally posted by Garry View Post
              Nice time lapse, Pat. Never tried it myself. May well be advisable to write the method down as you say.
              I put together a short tutorial video. A few years ago I needed to do something on my Dad's PC and forgot how to do it (he was still a power user until he passed away at 98. I googled it and one of my GoldenYearsGeek tutorial videos popped up!. I create these videos for septuagenarians like me who can't follow the rapid fire instructions most videos have.

GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

A very informative video, Patmoore. Thanks for sharing it.

Comment

I have use Cyberlink Power Director 16 for some time now. This info will be of great use to me as I'm still learning how to produce videos with it. Many thanks Patmoore for posting it here.
                  Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

Comment

Working...
                  X