test shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• test shot

I took this macro soon after acquiring the camera (and the watch) both seem to work fine.

[/LEFT]

Re: test shot

Originally posted by WILT View Post
    I took this macro soon after acquiring the camera (and the watch) both seem to work fine.

[/LEFT]
    Wilt I have been following your post and have to say your camera is producing some very good macro shots. I Googled your camera and was surprised that it is a compact type camera. Just how close are you from the subject? The amount of detail compares well with any pro-camera. Well done.
    Regards Ron. Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right.

Comment

The manual states 0.02 M which to you and me means 2cms.There are I believe some cameras that go to 1 cm, but for a cheapo it ain't bad. Ive seen worse macros on branded cameras (Dpreview tests)

Comment

Originally posted by WILT View Post
        The manual states 0.02 M which to you and me means 2cms.There are I believe some cameras that go to 1 cm, but for a cheapo it ain't bad. Ive seen worse macros on branded cameras (Dpreview tests)
        Getting so close is not necessarily a good thing. It's much easier to photograph macro subjects if you don't have to be on top of the subject, blocking out the light.

A good alternative is to have a longer focal length macro lens that gives the same reproduction but at a more convenient distance from the subject.

Ian
        Founder/editor
        Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
        Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
        Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
        Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

No problem Ian,

the camera has Macro (7cms to 40cms @ wide & 70cms to 1.8 M telephoto) as well
          plus Manual ,3M ,and infinity and auto of course

Comment

Working...
          X