Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Casio Exlim Pro EX-F1 - sample pic(well, movie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casio Exlim Pro EX-F1 - sample pic(well, movie)

I find it interesting. It's really fast - so slow motion video.

[ame]http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=BitpfbL53SM[/ame]

yoshi

Re: Casio Exlim Pro EX-F1 - sample pic(well, movie)

Hi Yoshi,
    That is relly interesting and entertaining. I am DVI (digital video ignorant), so I don't appreciate the varieties of formats and what you can do with them. This is the first imbedded video that I have seen on a forum and it was fun. I didn't know that there wasa a forum/E-mail friendly vide format.
    Thanks for posting.
    Bob

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi View Post
      I find it interesting. It's really fast - so slow motion video.

yoshi

We both find this camera interesting .... very interesting! Worth watching to see user reviews.

Here's a link with sample photos, along with other info.

Pol

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
        We both find this camera interesting .... very interesting!

Pol
        I've been playing with one of these cameras today and I've also been playing with some editing and video conversion software - software that can convert various movies to other formats and can also edit and/or crop quicktime movies.

I've never done this sort of thing before and am just about cross-eyed but I've uploaded a couple of short clips embedded in webspace. The clips are slightly less than 4Mb, created in Firefox so they'll probably look better in FF - though they do load in IE7 (but look better in FF)

Not sure if they'll stream so you may have to wait for the movie to load fully before starting it.. and they're also quicktime so you may need the latest QT player.

First link is a 1200fps slow motion clip of hoverfly (or whatever insect it might be) and it was about to take off from the ground. Here's the link

Second link is a visiting cat scratching and this one was shot at 600fps at the link is HERE

Do they load ok for you, did they stream or did you have to wait until the entire clip loaded and which browser did you use?

Thanks for looking

Pol

Comment

Hi Bob,
          glad to see you again. DVI - it's an interesting word. I think I'm originally one of those DVI's but occasionally try to play with some new features like videos or a photo with sound/voice recording. I use Panasonic LX2 for these purposes. The Casio's model is an extreme one for me yet it must be a potential excellent tool for those who have good ideas how to use it.
          yoshi

Comment

Thanks Pol for the links. I could view the both videos smoothly though I had to wait until all the clip loaded (not that long time). Insects and animals look to be more popular models of this camera. As I'm not a good photographer of any moving subjects, it might help me?
            yoshi

Comment

Thanks Pol for the links. I could view the both videos smoothly though I had to wait until all the clip loaded (not that long time). Insects and animals look to be more popular models of this camera. As I'm not a good photographer of any moving subjects, it might help me?
              yoshi

I haven't had much time to try everything with the camera yet but the 60fps function is very good - though I elected to use no more than about 6-7fps otherwise you have to plod through too many very similar pictures!

I think maybe it might be better for fast sequences of people rather than small birds or animals. Personally - I like to see lots of definition of feathers and fur on birds and animals so I'm not convinced the EX-F1 would be the ideal camera for detailed shots of wildlife shot at long focal lengths - but you'd certainly be able to get some bird/animal good snaps at the wider angles.

The slow motion is a lot of fun to play around with and you can get lots of files on a 2Gb SD card. I think I've played with that more than anything else. I haven't kept much though because I was mainly just enjoying the fun of it.

I wasn't impressed with the handbook that came in the box. It's a very small book with tiny print. The .pdf version is much better and easier to read and that can be found on the installation disc.

It's my husband's turn to play with it all for the next few days so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with it. This is the first camera we've ever actually shared without either of us claiming exclusive ownership.

I much prefer my Pentax SLRs for everyday standard photography though. I can't imagine ever using the Casio on a daily basis. It's just something different and we're both enjoying having a new gadget with new functions and having great fun seeing what we can do with it.

BTW - the battery life seems to be very good. I've had about 450 snaps at all sorts of speeds, mostly jpegs and a few RAW, about 15 short movie clips at various speeds and also tried out the flash at 5fps. That was all from one battery charge and it's only just started showing amber (meaning it's getting a bit flat). We have a spare battery arriving early next week.

You can only use RAW (DNG) for single shots. The 'speed shots' automatically default to jpeg. A setting of approx 5-10fps is also useful and fun for macro shots of eg - flower moving about on a breezy day or a butterfly, assuming you can manage to keep the butterfly in the frame as it flutters about.

Nice LCD too. I'm not keen on electronic viewfinders but my husband doesn't mind them so much so I'll be waiting to hear what he says about it all after he's had a few days playing with it.

Pol

Comment

A setting of approx 5-10fps is also useful and fun for macro shots of eg - flower moving about on a breezy day or a butterfly, assuming you can manage to keep the butterfly in the frame as it flutters about.

Pol
                This is one of a 6fps series shots I took this afternoon with the camera set on Macro. The flower is on a long stem and it was being blown all over in windy conditions. I simply fired off a quick blast at the nearest flower to see how the camera performed in those conditions. Exif included so anyone interested can see the full details. We also felt the texture of the flower looks pretty good here. It's the one and only time I've tried the macro function so I suppose it gives some sort of idea about the quality of the lens?

Pol

Comment

Hi Pol,
                  They don't work for me. I get the error message: "Ouick Time is missing software required to perform this operation. Unfortunately, it is not available on the Quick Time server." I have had this happen on other occasions on other websites.
                  My QT is fully upgraded, but obviously missing some essential component.
                  Bob

Comment

Hi Bob,
                    glad to see you again. DVI - it's an interesting word. I think I'm originally one of those DVI's but occasionally try to play with some new features like videos or a photo with sound/voice recording. I use Panasonic LX2 for these purposes. The Casio's model is an extreme one for me yet it must be a potential excellent tool for those who have good ideas how to use it.
                    yoshi
                    Hi Yoshi,
                    I just got a Panasonic FX500 for a pocket camera and it has a video that I haven't even tried. The YouTube concept looks very user friendly and always works for me. The other formats have been hit and miss. My cinematography experience amounts to one course in college where I learned how to make story boards, splice 16mm movie film and heard loads of behind the scenes Hollywood stories. The instructor was a Hollywood camera man on some big films. I got the course credit, because I had taught prior classes how to meter the light, thus saving the university money on film....
                    Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Ross View Post
                      Hi Pol,
                      They don't work for me. I get the error message: "Ouick Time is missing software required to perform this operation. Unfortunately, it is not available on the Quick Time server." I have had this happen on other occasions on other websites.
                      My QT is fully upgraded, but obviously missing some essential component.
                      Bob
                      The Quicktime version I'm using is version 7.4.5 but one or two people on another forum who had the same problem as you seem to be having.

The various formats in various cameras are a pain in the butt so I probably won't be putting more clips online. The installation software has a youtube uploader and I gather youtube streams with .swf as it's more difficult for peeps to nick the movies but I don't have a youtube account, nor do I want one .. well certainly not yet anyway.

Movies aren't really my thing but I've been trying to expand my skills - not very successfully so far.

Pol

Comment

Hi Pol,
                        I just checked for tutorials on videos and the QT samples in it ran fine, so my QT is probably OK, except for the new stuff. I may have a newer version on the disck for the FX500, but the QT uploader said mine was current.
                        This type of thing stirs compassion for the consumer that has only used one use cameras and is confronted with an entry level P&S....
                        I'll stick to stills, until they make it stupidly simple and memory efficient to make those moving picture thingies.....
                        Bob

Comment

This is one of a 6fps series shots I took this afternoon with the camera set on Macro. The flower is on a long stem and it was being blown all over in windy conditions. I simply fired off a quick blast at the nearest flower to see how the camera performed in those conditions. Exif included so anyone interested can see the full details. We also felt the texture of the flower looks pretty good here. It's the one and only time I've tried the macro function so I suppose it gives some sort of idea about the quality of the lens?

Pol

An update ....... I've finally got around to having a Photobox print of this particular macro shot along with another 'personal' grab shot taken by David.

We were both absolutely delighted with the shots and subsequent prints! Sharp, clear, excellent colours and details. I must add it's not the easiest of cameras to use though. You do need to get familiar with the menus. The shutter button is also very sensitive and fast so you can easily end up with a run of 10/20/30/60 fps unless you have it set for single frames only.

Pol
                          Last edited by Pol; 17-06-08, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X